Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Windser Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Symbol / Image
    Hello,

What does this symbol represent on this button? I do not know what area or tribe that it is from. Where might I be able to purchase more buttons like this?

Thank you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 07:06 PM
    It looks like a typical concho design
    Other than the thunderbird I have never given it any thought that they might mean something.

Loose Conchos - Concho - Conchos - Texas Ranger Concho - Texas Ranger Conchos - Black Canyon - Black Hills - Texas Concho - Texas Conchos - AllTribes.com
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 31, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Why are you assuming that it represents something, or that it's indian or native american? Perhaps it's just a design.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Because of the geometric symmetrical configuration of it, it reminds me of symbols that were made by the Aztecs.

What kind of material is it made of and how large is it, please?

The color of it does resemble those that are on the website for which Nohelp4u posted.

Aug 1, 2008, 03:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Why are you assuming that it represents something, or that it's indian or native american? Perhaps it's just a design.
    My assumption is based on information from a third party. I did know if it was just a design or if it was Native American and so I asked.

Is that OK with you?

Aug 1, 2008, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    It looks like a typical concho design
    other than the thunderbird I have never given it any thought that they might mean something.

Loose Conchos - Concho - Conchos - Texas Ranger Concho - Texas Ranger Conchos - Black Canyon - Black Hills - Texas Concho - Texas Conchos - AllTribes.com
    Thank you so much! I just checked out the AllTribes.com and it's just what I am looking for. :D
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 03:54 AM
    No need to get an attitude, I was simply gathering more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symbol for "therefore' [ 5 Answers ]

What has happened to the three-dot symbol for "therefore" in mathematics ? It's not on keyboards anymore, so what takes its place ? Puzzled Flashmann

Hebraic symbol [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, my friend came across the following symbol and wants to know if it has any particular meaning. The letters are Hebrew of some kind we think. Thanks, Archie. http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/my_self_2006/new/photo-81979.jpg

Symbol meanings [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew what the following symbols stood for: 1. The Eye of Ra 2. The Egyptian Ankh

Sanskrit symbol writing. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew the correct symbols in Sanskrit for Body and for Soul. Not spelled out in english but the actual symbols themselves... can ayone help? Thank you! P.S. This is the acient Hindu/Buddhist langauge. Sankrit. Like : Om, shantie, vishnu, etc... But I was actually...

What is the name of this symbol? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, Very simple question here - What is the actual name of this symbol on the keyboard above the "tab" key THIS SYMBOL---> ~ What is the actual name of it other than "the little squiggly line"

View more questions Search