Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhondabusiness Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 04:47 PM
    Pay schedule for employee that is terminating
    When a salaried employee who is paid semi-monthly quits in the first week of the two week pay period, would they still be paid for two weeks or just up to the day they quit?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 7, 2008, 02:22 PM
    Your salary would be prorated back to the day you quit. The employer does not have to pay you for the full payperiod only for the time you have worked. You cannot be docked for partial days so if you quit in the middle of a day you must be paid for the entire day.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hourly employee, paid on an salaried pay schedule [ 1 Answers ]

I am an hourly paid employee, that is paid on the 1st, and 15th of each month. Each two week pay period I receive 80 hours regular pay. When I do the math, I come up with 1920 hours a year, when actually I am working 2080. I tell my boss that the current paydays (1st, and 15th) is for salaried...

Terminating a lease [ 4 Answers ]

All right, so I moved into an apartment three months ago. These apartments came with 37" flat screen TVs. We waited over 2 months for our TV when we were told it came with the apartment. Last week I get robbed, and that TV, along with a couple other things, is stolen! Besides that, there are always...

Working as a w-2 employee and a 1099 employee at the same time [ 2 Answers ]

Can you work for the same employer at the same time as a w-2 employee and a 1099 employee at the same time. Example selling insurance at an agency getting paid on w-2 for the clerical work and 1099 as for the commission on sales of the insurance from the same desk?

Terminating his Rights [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 months old and she does not know her biological father. He hasn't been around and he does not pay child support or help me in any way. My fiancé has been taking care of her and wants to adopt her when we get married. I am 17 and her father is 19. What can I do to get him to give...

Schedule A Deductions and Schedule C - No AGI [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a sole proprietor (an electrician) and after finishing schedule c I basically had very little profit to report from the business. With no other Adj Gross Inc, I started to figure my itemized deductions, but with no Adj Gross Inc, how can I best use my itemized deductions? Thanks,

View more questions Search