Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chinera1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Hippa violations
    I came into work this morning and found an invoice of a bill I owed taped to my computer for everyone to see. This invoice had my personal information on it, such as my address phone # and date of birth as well as the nature of the bill ( it was a radiology test) I fell my privacy was violated. Is this against hippa regulations?
    Ellent1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 02:05 PM
    How do u PM people here
    Ellent1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Sorry, about that I postedabove in the wrong forum but to answer your q yes it is violating your writes. Report it to the better business bureau and contact your district manager to report them.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 04:53 PM
    There's a lot more information you need to supply. Who taped the bill to your computer, and why? I mean, I have seen people tape important documents to monitors at work because they found it laying around somewhere and the wanted to be sure it got back to the right person. What kind of company do you work for? How many people see your computer monitor? It's a HIPAA violation if your doctor or nurse gave protected information out to someone else without your permission. If you told them "fax my bill to my work", then it's not a violation no matter how many people see it. So, the devil is in the details in these cases.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellent1
    sorry, about that I postedabove in the wrong forum but to answer your q yes it is violating your writes. Report it to the better business bureau and contact your district manager to report them.

You are incorrect - the BBB has nothing to do with this and there is no indication that a general manager exists.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPPA Violations [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently on short-term disability due to anxiety and panic disorder. I received a call from a head hunter the other day (the one I used to get my current job) he told me that he saw my boss at an open house that his company had and my boss had asked him if he has talked to me and she also...

HIPPA Violations [ 4 Answers ]

A patient of the practice that I work for no showed for a follow up visit to a work related injury. The employer came into the office to let know that he has also no showed at work and wasn't sure if he would be in for his appointment. A employee called the patient herself and when he could not be...

Hippa Violations [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question that no one may be able to answer, but I would like some feed back from some of you. My local hospital has recently fired and/or suspended several employee for looking up their own medical records, claiming it is a HIPPA violation. I am very confused about this because how is it...

HIPPA violations [ 2 Answers ]

I am writing on behalf of my boyfriend. He checked himself into the hospital for alcohol detox. He was later transferred to another facility because the first facility did not have overnight accommodations for detox. Meanwhile he was assured of patient confidentiality. At that facility one of...

View more questions Search