Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikbenwp Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Getting off supervised probation and put on unsupervised
    I am trying to get my probation switched to unsupervised. I was given 5 years supervised probation which I am 15 months into it. I have all of my fines paid and have never encountered trouble with anything. I am trying to leave the stated I have a good joba waiting for me and a place to live. What can I do to speed up the process and what are my chances of this happening?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 11:11 AM
    You'll have to speak to your probation officer about this. You didn't state if this was misdemeanor or felony. Am assuming felony probation as I don't see 5 years probation for a misdemeanor. The chances of going to unsupervised are probably very slim. This would have been decided at your sentencing hearing by the judge. He chose supervised for a reason.

If you are leaving the state, I would strongly suggest that you have your probation transferred and not just "unsupervised" as you state. You need to formally go about having it transferred. See the sticky at the top of this category that excon posted on how to go about getting your probation transferred. Don't leave your state unless you have written prior permission either as that's an automatic violation of probation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 12:44 PM
    I doubt you will get it done with just a little over a year in. And even if you have unsupervised, you still have to get permission to leave the state. So you need to perhaps see about getting your probation transferred to the new state.

But you can ask your PO and see where it goes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsupervised Probation [ 5 Answers ]

I got a charge w/ 2 Unsupervised Probation. My questions are: 1) If I move to another place, should I report to the local Probation Officer (both out and in locations) 2) If I travel, should I also report to the Probation Office? 3) If I find ajob, should I tell my boss or employer?

Unsupervised probation [ 3 Answers ]

I'm on unsupervised probation for a year I've done 6 months of it I don't know the point of unsupervised probation, now my question is... is there any legal way to by the help of an attorney or otherwise get off probation early like for employment reasons?? :

Unsupervised probation [ 3 Answers ]

What are the guidelines of unsupervised probation

Unsupervised probation [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband is on unsupervised probation. Is he allowed to possess a firearm, or leave the state without prior consent or notification?

View more questions Search