Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joshua king Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 12:10 PM
    I think I'm crazy
    I have been in a relationship with this amazing girl for almost a year I have recently have stared having extreme feeling of jealously. She has never given me a reason to be jealous or given me any reason to not trust her. She just went on a two day trip at her soon to be college for orientation where her phone died and she had no charger... I screamed and yelled made her sneak out and go buy a new phone charger.. later on I felt like such a idiot I know how wrong I am even when I'm yelling I know how wrong I am, but I can't help myself, I freak out when she mentions any guys names. At a school function there were guys in her group (that she didn't choose) and I flipped. She does not deserve this and I know that. She would never do anything to hurt me. But I still get these overwhelming thoughts of jealously I can't even sleep anymore I can't focus at work my body shakes sometimes... I need help
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 29, 2008, 12:15 PM
    How are you going to deal with her going to college? Either get over your insecurities or get over her. By making her feel she is in the wrong and yelling at her... your not giving her a reason to stick around. Calm down, you wouldn't want to be with someone who flips over your phone dying.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jul 29, 2008, 12:32 PM
    You definitely have to get over these insecurities if you're going to continue to stay with her at college. People's phones die. People get put into groups in classes where they have to work with the opposite sex, they get put into situations at work where they have to work with members of the opposite sex. If you are going to flip out every time she has to be in a situation like this, she may very well tell you to kick rocks.

To her you're coming off insecure and controlling FOR NO REASON, as you said yourself. So as kissme said, get over your insecurities or get over her. You won't get anywhere in this relationship by being jealous for no reason.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 03:33 PM
    You have a massive collapse of your self-confidence and all the negative thoughts and emotions that go with that.

You have to talk to someone right away to get those feelings out of you... don't talk to your girlfriend about it right now.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Not all jealousy comes roots from insecurity. Some people have trust issues too. Speaking from myself, I am confident and Im certain of that. I am just untrusting because my father is a great philanderer, got almost all first born to 4 women.

Jul 29, 2008, 03:58 PM
    ylaira, you have reason to be untrusting. This guy said he has no reason to feel like this. He's not been given a reason not to trust his girlfriend.

He feels so strongly about her that he doesn't want to lose her, and instead of being confident that she's going to remain loyal, he's insecure that she's going to leave him or cheat on him.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Same thing here. I never had a boyfriend who cheated on me or will cheat on me but for some reason I feel like Im always threatened.

Just sharing that its not all insecurity when someone is jealous.

Jul 29, 2008, 04:26 PM
    No, there are other factors, but a lot of times it is insecurity. But isn't not trusting someone an insecurity as well?
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 04:36 PM
    I agree that most of a time its insecurity.. He hasn't replied yet. If he says that he grew up in a loving household and healthy environment then I will take it that its from his INSECURITY.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help I'm going to go crazy [ 4 Answers ]

Everyday I'm stressed I do what I think is right but it never is somewhere in the wrong is where I awlways tend to be I love him I love him so much and I always think that what I'm doing is helping but somehow I always hurt I feel worthless in this relationship at times I feel like I'm holding him...

I think I am crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

Sometimes at night I have conversations with myself as if I was married... and yes I do answer back. I masturbate and pretend it is my man!! Am I crazy?

Everything is going so crazy.. What to do? [ 3 Answers ]

OK well I am pose to start my period tomm. Jan 3 but I started tonight.. I have been having a lot of signs of pregnancy but being sick.. but the past couple of days I have just been feeling REALLY sick to my tummy.. but I can't seem to vommitt... my period so far is kind of normal.. besides the...

View more questions Search