Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    totalpcnoob Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2004, 07:23 AM
    Temporary internet files...
    I read in a PC magazine that deleting the files inside the "temp" folder:

C:\temp

Would keep the PC running more smoothly. But I never find any files in there. Recently I also found the temporary internet files folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

I thought the two folders were the same, but there are hundreds of cookies and other things in the folder above.

Is it OK to empty these folders? I've never done it before eand wondered if emptying them would be good. I thought that cleaning the cache would get rid of all these type of things but obviously not (I am new to PCs so wouldn't know)

Please reply,

Jamie
    Star_Man Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2004, 10:10 AM
    Re: Temporary internet files...
    As it states... Temporary Files, all these files are safe to delete. They only hog space and memory.

In your explorer bar goto:-

Tools / Interent Options / [Temporary Internet Files] Delete Files
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 20, 2004, 04:25 PM
    Yes and No. Yes, you can always delete Temp Internet Files but with the Temp folder, that is not always true. Sometimes, downloaded or installed programs will install portions of the program in a TEMP folder and if you delete the files, then your program may not work correctly. Normally you will be warned before deleting these types of TEMP files. I know that Norton Anti Virus stores needed files in the TEMP folder as I have deleted them before and ended up having to reinstall Norton to get it to work again. Not a common issue but just something to think about when deleting files from the actual TEMP folder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temporary custody [ 1 Answers ]

Mother has custody of my 2 sons through final orders .she wants to send one of them to me.can a document be drawn up to make a temporary agreement that is separate to the final orders?

Internet place to store large files [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any sites where you can upload-download large files (for free) as to exchange them with other guys? Thank you

Temporary Custody [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know if temporary custody is given in one state(GA) then the child is taken out of state to (VA). Does GA. Still have jurisdiction over the case.

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search