Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akiopao Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Easiest way to go U.S from Philippines
    I have known a man in a chatting site for a long time and we develop a romantic relationship.
    His from U. S. divorced with 7 yrs old son and I am single. Can I go U.S. without him visiting to Philippines? What kind of visa will I need to get to enter U.S the easiest and fastest way?thanks
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jul 27, 2008, 08:40 PM
    My wife is a Philippina. We met in Saudi Arabia more than 15 years ago, and now live in USA. Immigration had us doing "backflips" for 3 years before they finally let her in... My best advice is get married in Philippines, then come to USA. Republic of Philippines marriages are recognized in USA. Fiancé visas are hard to get right now. ICE is having a difficult time with immigration, and that difficulty "spills" over onto normal people, whom are trying to do things "right". Good luck...
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 09:44 PM
    To be eligible to apply for K-1 visa, you have to meet him in person at least once in the past 2 years.

I personally disagree with jumping into marriage with a stranger.. online dating can be very dangerous. Every month we have cases that women came to US can were turned into prostitutes, became victims of domestic violence, etc. Many ended up being deported. The truth is not all American men can file petition for foreign spouse. Don't rush... make sure you know him well.. not just on the screen. If he has record of domestic violence, or registered sex offender, or bankruptcy, other serious crimes, etc... just say Adios!

Good luck..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Easiest way to get pregnant? [ 29 Answers ]

My husband and I are going to be trying for a kid in the next 6 months. We've been using condoms for protection but I hear getting on birth control can help you have a baby faster. There isn't a history of people having issues getting pregnant in my family. Both my mother and sister had 3 healthy...

What color would be the easiest? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a dark brunette. Ive nevr dyed my hair but the greys are starting to come now. I want to do something different with it but I don't know where to begin. Could I go to an auburn without any problem?

Easiest effective way to remove stains? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I have some staining on my teeth. I would like to do the least amount of work to get rid of them. I would also like to not use something unhealthful if possible. Something I can buy over the counter. Rembrandt? Crest strips? Other? What really works and what is the easiest?

What's the easiest way to clean up grout after it dries [ 3 Answers ]

The dust has been setteling for 4 days already and Ive mopped the floor about 47 times and Ive been on my hands and knees with a towel and it still has residue. I bought some stuff called star cleen (sulfamic acid) do you think that will do it?

View more questions Search