Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxcantdealxx Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Could I be addicted?
    Does anybody know what the syptoms of an ecstacy addiction are, like how you feel and stuff? Because I think I'm addicted to it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 04:58 PM
    You probably are, illegal drugs are easy to get addicted to. E is a powerful drug, why are you doing it? Why don't you stop? If you aren't addicted yet, you will be if you continue. The choice is yours, quite or face the consequences.

Good luck.

Jul 27, 2008, 05:20 PM
    I want to stop but like, I can't really. It sounds bad but like I feel almost like I'm crashing and as if I kind of need e to feel more 'normal' then when I'm sober or w.e
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 05:21 PM
    How old are you? If you are an adult then check yourself in to rehab. If you are a child then talk to your parents about getting you in to rehab. Or continue what you are doing, and you might not make it to adulthood, your choice.

Good luck.

Jul 27, 2008, 05:24 PM
    I'm 14 :(
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Do your parents know that you are doing drugs? Do you know the side effects of E ? How did you get started, and how long have you been using E? How often do you use it, and how do you pay for it?

I'm going to be honest with you, you are walking down a very dangerous path, you are 14, you are addicted to E, it's only a matter of time before that's no longer enough and you start using something else.

Your parents aren't dumb, if you keep doing this they will find out sooner or later (hopefully sooner), then what? Either they send you to rehab and hope that works, or they say "enough!" and you're on your own.

Drug addiction does not lead to a happy life. I know you think it's cool, and you want to fit in with your friends, but it isn't cool, only losers do drugs.

Get help, go to your parents and tell them what you've been doing. Will they be mad? Yes, but hopefully that won't last long, they'll realize that they need to get you help, and they will stand beside you and help you through this.

Only you can decide the next step, tell Mom and Dad and get help, or stay on E, keep doing it, and end up ruining you life.

That's all I can do for you, give you the options, now you have to choose. I hope you choose wisely, because I care what happens to you, we all do, so get the help you need, NOW!

Jul 27, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Your exactly right, the high I get from e isn't like it was before. Now its almost not enough, I find myself always thinking about my next fix and I even catch myself thinking about cocaine quite a bit, like wondering how it feels compared to e and stuf. And I can't tell my parents, they'd just about kill me. But I was thinking about possibly talking to my friend's addictions counsellor. Also, I do know how bad it is for you and that it kills you. I've done it a couple times this past week alone and when I wasn't omn e I was stoned or drunk.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Wow, probably the best thing to get addicted to... and I'm being absolutely sarcastic about this.

MDMA is one of the few known drugs that are able to damage you, just by using once. It's a neurotoxin, and one of the main problems with ecstasy is that it can either kill you the first time you use it, or the 1000th time you use it... you just never know.

MDMA actually causes the release of the two catecholamines: epi and norepi. Imagine your brain being a toilet... and the water is the epi and the norepi... everytime you take ecstasy, it flushes your brain and releases epi and norepi throughout your body. Here's the kicker... the toilet, if you wait, will refill the water. Your brain will never refill its epi/norepi level to what it once was.. . never ever.

I suggest you seek some help for this drug. Being 14 is hard enough... why add "being a degenerative druggie" to the list?
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 05:58 PM
    So you already have problems with other substance abuse, pot and alcohol. What makes you so sure your parents will just about kill you? They will be mad, of course they will, mad because you are doing this to yourself, maybe even a bit mad at you, but they will get over it and find you the help you need. At 14 you simply do not have the resources to get the help you need without an adult helping you. Your parents won't kill you, but the drugs will, sooner or later, that's the truth.

Do you like the life you are living now? Always unaware, stone, or drunk, not in control? I can't imagine that you do, I know I wouldn't be able to live like that. Get help, talk to your friends addiction counsellor, and get help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addicted [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 5 years and father of my two sons. Is addicted to crystal meth. I love him more then I can say. Ive tried everything I can think of to get him to stop and he hasn't. I wonna help him I just don't what else to do. Got any ideas ? Help please!!

Am I addicted? [ 46 Answers ]

I tried marijuana like a month ago and ever since then I could not stop. I buy it every chance I get. Does that mean I'm addicted?

I'm so addicted to going out. [ 3 Answers ]

And I really don't know how to stop, I seriously go out EVERY NIGHT! For example, this is my schedule Sunday, have lunch with someone, ANYONE, somewhere, then at night I pretty up and go to the club Monday, if I'm not working, I go shopping then later at night, meet up with friends for drinks or...

Boyfriend addicted to sex? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi - I have a problem but am very embaressed to speak to anyone about it - which is why I'm here, I guess. I think my boyfriend is addicted to sex. We have been together 2 years and are very serious about our future together, but I'm not that interested in sex. I like it but just not all that...

View more questions Search