Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momofaidan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 04:24 PM
    My husband is in jail for a false crime.
    My 21 yr old husband was arrested a few months ago for a false sex crime against a 15 yr old. I need to know under what circumstances my 2 yr old son can be taken away if I remain married to my husband. Can he be taken from me if my husband is convicted but doesn't have to register as a sex offender? Is it only if he has to register that my son can be taken from me? Please help, thank you
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 05:00 PM
    If your husband is convicted of this sex offence ,then in the eyes of the law he is guilty.
    There are all kinds of difficulties surrounding this depending on the severity of the sex act, in the eyes of the law he has still committed a sex crime against a minor.

It could be that there will be certain allowances made because your son is very young,it maybe that your husband might be allowed in the vicinity where your son resides, but must not be alone with your husband at any time.

Again depending on the case and the out come, taking into account all the evidence, it could be that your husband will not be allowed any where near your son.

At this moment your left to imagine all kinds of thing that might happen, but until this case is tried nothing is certain.

You need to take each day at a time,hopefully the outcome of the case will go in you favour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriends in jail and I want to make him my husband. [ 17 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in jail. And I want to marry him. I can't find no information on anything. Can someone help me out hereeee? Lol Who's been in these shoes?

Husband is in jail what will happen? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok my husband was arrested on Wednesday. He was on probation for His DWI that he got a while back. He got arrested for Larceny and burglary. I don't know what the punish ments are in New Mexico but I was wondering if anyone could help me. There is a long story behind this and I believe that he...

Can the police drop the charge and let my husband out of jail? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 3 years now and I really love him. He's cheated on me before and the only person who CAN hurt me emotionally. His cheating on me, has caused me so much problems that I bottle them up inside and last night all these problems exploded. To make matters worst, we...

Husband in jail [ 3 Answers ]

My husband just got arrested tonight for stealing and is charged with grand theft and dealing in stolen property. Is there a way he could get out of jail with a "release on one's own recognizace" where you sign a paper saying that you'll make it to court. Or will he definitely have to pay a...

Husband in jail [ 3 Answers ]

My husband just got arrested tonight for stealing and is charged with grand theft and dealing in stolen property. Is there a way he could get out of jail with a "release on one's own recognizace" where you sign a paper saying that you'll make it to court. Or will he definitely have to pay a...

View more questions Search