Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2006, 08:10 PM
    Title of 80's kid fantasy movie
    This movie came on YTV (Canadian youth television channel) all the time when I was a kid, which was in the early 90's but the movie I think was made probably in the early 80's. What I remember most is these kids going to this fantasy land, I think the kids meet this blonde midget, little guy in a field... anyway, what really sticks out is that this land worships this giant blob in the ground that when you put people in it , they turn to butterfly people. There was queen and king present at this butterfly/blob ceremony.
    So if you remember a movie with a giant god like blob that turned people into butterfly people please let me know the movie's title!

(The people sort of looked cirque de soleil-ish.)
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 05:55 PM
    This is the 1987 Canadian movie "The Great Land of Small", in which a leprechaun takes two kids from our world into a magical realm that includes a floating boulder-thing called Slimo that transmogrifies creatures into butterflies. Some of the people looked Cirque du Soleil-ish because they WERE from Cirque du Soleil. In a kind and just world, they would never have been seen again. Curse you, infernal French-Canadian clowns!
    Brookklynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 12:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by purukivel View Post
    this is the 1987 canadian movie "the great land of small", in which a leprechaun takes two kids from our world into a magical realm that includes a floating boulder-thing called slimo that transmogrifies creatures into butterflies. Some of the people looked cirque du soleil-ish because they were from cirque du soleil. In a kind and just world, they would never have been seen again. Curse you, infernal french-canadian clowns!
    Purukival thank you so much I have been looking for this movie for sooooooooooo long. Thank you thank you!! A million thanks!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with an 80's or early 90's fantasy movie title! [ 5 Answers ]

I stumbled into this place and it looks like someone may be able to help me with this... I've been after a movie title for something like the last ten or fifteen years, and just lately it's started bugging me afresh. I must have seen it when I was super small, and only remember fragments of the...

80's sci/fantasy - Title lost and forgotten [ 2 Answers ]

This has been an ongoing search for 10 years now. When I ask other people about it they look at me like I'm from outerspace or something. I can only remember a short scene from movie. There is a young girl, maybe 10yr-12yr and she is in the bathroom looking up at this white old spice glass bottle...

80's fantasy movie title needed [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE help me figure out what movie this is... It has to be an 80's movie although it could be very, very late 70's (78 or 79)... All I remember is that it was about a little boy (maybe 8-10) who lived with his grandparents and his grandmother asked him to go to the corner store to buy...

Title for 80's fantasy movie with magic slide [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I recently had a memory about a fantasy movie that I saw in the early nineties, but I'm assuming it was older than that, probably from the eighties. All I remember is a boy and girl, brother and sister I think, end up in this magical land with all these strange people and this couple who may...

Title to an 80's fantasy movie [ 5 Answers ]

My friends and I are on a quest to find the title to a fantasy movie from the 80's. All we can remember is it has two kids about 9-10 on a quest to find a man in a castle w/ a heart of stone and to kill him w/ a sword they get late in the movie. They do kill the guy, when they do, his heart...

View more questions Search