Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hindimvs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Leak under Kitchen Sink
    Can you please guide me on how to fix this leak under the kitchen sink. I have located the leak around the depressed rubber ring between the tailpiece and strainer. The picture 102_4160.JPG - DivShare
    Explains it clearly.
    Thanks.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 09:59 AM
    You can use one of my old standbuys when no one else is around to fix something regarding water leaking and tha ist applying a really good coating of a two part epoxy. The one I use has marine applications, but is good, its called Aquatapoxy. I am female by the way, so that may explain my method. :)
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Attached Images

hindimvs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. So what should I be looking for in the store-a T tailpiece with a connection for Dishwasher waste?
    And could please advise on the tools that I would need? (adjustable wrench, puttty, etc).

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 10:58 AM
    If you buy a PVC drain w/dishwasher drain you need no tools. This should all be hand tightened. By the looks of the old pipe that was a custom made piece by maybe a previous home owner who watched McGyver a little too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing apparent leak in line under Kitchen sink faucet [ 1 Answers ]

To Whom It May Concern: My wife and I just noticed a significant leak in one of the lines that apprently connects to the kitchen faucet. I think I can see where the water comes from... but then again, the leak could easily be farther up where I can't see. To explain further, I can see...

Fog horn noise when using taps in bathroom sink and kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

There has developed, in the last week, a "fog horn" sound when we turn on the hot or cold taps in the bathroom or kitchen. It does not occur when we use the washer or dishwasher. Could anyone give some advise on what could be the cause of this?

Kitchen sink drain pipe leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a big leak under the kitchen floor, I went under the house and I can see the leak which is right in the center of the kitchen. The crawling space was very minimal and hard to get to the cast iron pipe. I was thinking about opening the kitchen floor which is wood to see if I can fix the...

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Unexplained large kitchen sink leak [ 8 Answers ]

Last night after running the water normally and rinsing off vegatables I noticed the kitchen sink draining a little slow, but nothing I thought anything of. After running the water and rinsing off the veggies and washing the dishes I turned off the water and the sink drained. I did not run the...

View more questions Search