Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    compwiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Windows 95 - Computer won't ready discs.
    Ok so my parents just let me screw around with an old computer. Its an old computer with Windows 95. I keep trying to put in CDs but it won't read them. The drive opens and closes but nothing happens. The light by the CD slot won't turn on. I don't know if its broke or what. I put a CD in once and it worked but I don't know what I did. HELP!
    Loui Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Make sure all the wiring is in. You might have the power cable in but not the cable to read it. Although, I don't get why it read the disk once but not anymore. Just keep trying and you will figure it out eventually. Try changing the CD drive.
    ~Loui
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Open computer and check the gray cable to make sure it is attached firmly, take out and reseat the cable to see if this would help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is there two windows to choose from whenever I start my computer? [ 3 Answers ]

Good Day! I tried to reformat my Lg Notebook Computer, using the Recovery Cd that comes with it. But after I finish the reformat. I had two windows to choose from whenever I start my computer. What could have been the problem on my formatting. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cd burner won't burn playable discs [ 3 Answers ]

My dvd/cd burner burns dvds but when I burn a cd it will not play in anything I put it in

Viruses in my computer using windows xp [ 4 Answers ]

this is my hjt log. My computer is running really slow and some times won't load pages at all. Can someone look at my log and give me advice on on how to fix it. Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 5:53:45 PM, on 27/02/2008 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE:...

My computer is empty on windows xp [ 1 Answers ]

When I go to "my computer" none of my disk drives, scanners, etc show up. What happened, and what can I do to fix it?

Windows - drive not ready ! Who can solve this prob. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi all When I shutdown the PC I get error message said "" windows - drive not ready ""

View more questions Search