Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gina A Rodrigue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2006, 07:04 AM
    Family eviction
    I live in Oregon and have a 19 year old son, he does not work, parties and is just wasting his life. He steals and lies to me and I want him out of the house. What can I do?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2006, 08:50 AM
    Hi, Gina,
    Have you told him to leave?
    If so, and he won't leave, you can call your local Police, for some suggestions on how to get him out of the house.
    You can also go to your local Court House, to the Court Clerk's Office, and talk with them. Possibly, you can file papers for a "restraining order" or a "peace bond", or something similar, stating he has to live apart from you.
    You might also change the locks on your outside doors when he is gone; but first tell him you are going to do that, so he get his "stuff" before he leaves.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Pack up his stuff and leave it on the porch. Lock him out.

Let him call the cops, they will laugh at him.

He is an adult, and, assuming he is not paying rent, you can kick him out whenever you wish.

However, perhaps to salvage your relationship with him, give him some notice, or pay for the first month of an apartment rent for him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2006, 02:09 PM
    Your house, your rules! Give him 30 days to pay the rent and if he can't kick his disrespectful butt out. For a small fee, I can send you one of my Texas boots, guaranteed to get 19 year old bums to steppin'!:cool: :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Member Eviction [ 6 Answers ]

How Do You Go About Evicting A Family Member Who Has Never Paid Rent, And Does Not Want To Leave In The State Of Florida?

Eviction of family member [ 6 Answers ]

Can a family member (21 years old) be evicted from home (Virginia)... not contributing to the household, unemployed, not looking for work, stealing from the house.

Eviction of family members [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my mother has an apartment with only her name on the lease , problem my sister and niece who are both grown have move in with her ,can I have them remove/evicted without my mothers consent or do I need to talk with the landlord or do I need my mothers consent to do this. Please help me with this...

Family eviction [ 2 Answers ]

My brother & his wife live in a 2 flat owned by my mother, who also lives there. My brother & his wife are getting a divorce and his wife won't leave the apartment. They don't pay rent, they just contribute towards half of the property taxes (in Illinois). Can my mother just throw her out or...

Family member eviction in Texas [ 3 Answers ]

How does one go about evicting an adult family member (with dependents)?

View more questions Search