Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbmae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Sewage odor from vent pipes?
    We have a sewage smell that comes and goes. We think it might be from the vent pipes
    On the top of the house. How do we verify this and if so, what would be the cause?

>Moved from Forum Help<
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 26, 2008, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by barbmae
    We have a sewage smell that comes and goes. We think it might be from the vent pipes
    on the top of the house. How do we verify this and if so, what would be the cause?
    >Moved from Forum Help<
    They make a vent cap called a Odor Hog, (see image) for just such a problem. They can be checked out at; OdorHog(tm), roof vent pipe filter that stops septic tank odor. 1-800-963-6746 Good luck and let me know, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 26, 2008, 07:51 AM
    On the top of the house. How do we verify this and if so, what would be the cause?
    Answered above. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage Odor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older home, built in 1940. The original part of the house is pier and beam. The back addition is on a slab. I have a sewage smell that runs through the entire house. Currently, the back bathroom has been demolished, and just has a towel stuffed down the old shower drain. The kitchen...

Sewage gas odor in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We had a new toilet installed about 2 years ago. It seemed to work okay but made a strange gurgling sound when flushing. This lasted about six months, then went away. Now suddenly we have a sewage smell in that bathroom. The toilet seems to be working fine. What could this be from?

Sewage odor [ 1 Answers ]

In the last few weeks, there's a sewage odor from the crawl space beneath our house that has got progressively worse. I tried to crawl under but due to health problems I couldn't get to the back of the house. Now I live in Los angeles, so I know it's not a septic tank issue. I'm afraid to call a...

Sewage odor in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We had just moved into a condo and are located on the 3rd floor. We now find that there is a sewage smell in the main bathroom every day. How can we find out what can possible be causing this? We also notice that the water in the bathroom toilet appears to have water flowing back and forth...

View more questions Search