Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    turtle29 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Transferring (migrate)settings when upgrading to a new computer
    What would be the smartest most efficient way to transfer my settings from one windows based computer to a new windows based computer. Software apps, data, IE favorites etc.
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Belkin makes a file transfer cable specifically designed to migrate from XP to Vista. I would suggest getting it.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 08:40 AM
    If your new computer has Vista, there is a file transfer wizard that should allow you to do what ever you want with just a usb hook up between the two.

I'm not 100% certain though about ALL the items you want to transfer such as program files.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring video from camcorder to computer with no sound [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to transfer a video from my sony DCR-TRV280 onto my computer. I am using the picture package software provided with my camcorder and a USB cord. I am using the video capture too. The video itself is transferring over and saving, but there is no sound. The end goal of this is to email...

Computer upgrading... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there guys you know I really want to know how to upgrade my PC...

Benefits of improving upgrading computer lab [ 1 Answers ]

What are the benefits of upgrading a school computer lab?

Upgrading school computer lab [ 1 Answers ]

How can I upgrade my school lab with a budget of about $23750 dollars U.S. This includes networking, internet, new desks etc... I want at least a 2.5 GhZ although they don't come in processor speeds or that but basically anything close. Also I want 512 MB of RAM for 24 computers. There is no...

View more questions Search