Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SPHILLIPS1982 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 01:27 AM
    If I receive a settlement is my husband entitle to a percentage?
    I received a wrongful death settlement for the death of my mother. And I wanted to know if my husband entitle to a percentage if we were to divorce.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 05:12 AM
    If you received the settlement while you were still married and live in a state where everything is divided 50/50, then yes I believe he would have half if you divorce.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 05:55 AM
    What state are you in? That makes all the difference in these situations.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Was your husband listed as a plaintiff in the suit along with you? If he was, then yes. If he was not listed, then no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax percentage for CPT [ 1 Answers ]

I joined a company for CPT with an hourly pay of 20$ in California two weeks before. I am in F1 student visa. How much percentage will the Federal and State tax would be?I still haven't received my first pay yet. Do I have to pay social security and medicare taxes?

What percentage of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm hoping u can help my best mate has a 17 day cycle and she was due to ovulate on the 9th of April now she had unprotected sex on the 6th 7th and 9th and 13th of April, what is the percentage her being pregnant? As she still young thanks:o

Body Fat Percentage [ 2 Answers ]

What is a way that I can check my body fat percentage without any tools or going to the doctor; basically I would like it to be simple enough for me to do it in my room.

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

View more questions Search