Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorib21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Shower/Tub Faucet Diverter?
    While running my tub faucet, if I turn the temp handle to the middle, the shower runs as well. The diverter is on the tub faucet position. How do I get the shower not to run?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Is this a one handle or a three handle tub valve?

Jul 24, 2008, 06:11 PM
    1 handle
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Remove tub spout, turn water on and see what happens.

There are two types of tub spouts, one screws on and off the other has a set screw on the underside that you loosen.
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 26, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lorib21
    While running my tub faucet, if I turn the temp handle to the middle, the shower runs as well. The diverter is on the tub faucet position. How do I get the shower not to run?
    This condition happens when,
    1) the shower raiser's too short.
    2) There's a partial blockage in the spout supply line, (Very doubtful) **or**
    3) You have a PRV valve that's allowing too much pressure in the system.
    If you do have a PRV valve that's where I would start. Good luck, Tom

Jul 28, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Thanks! Lori

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faucet diverter stuck in "shower" position [ 3 Answers ]

The diverter on my tub faucet is stuck in the shower position. Actually, the diverter knob comes out of the faucet. When I turn on the water it automatically comes out of the shower head. I can't get it to come out of the faucet. Is there a way to disassemble the faucet and fix the diverter, or...

Diverter stem installation - three handle shower & tub faucet [ 4 Answers ]

The house is well over 25 years of age and I have replaced both hot and cold water valves and tub faucet without removal of bath and shower stall tiles - still look good. Purchased a diverter stem (Galtmaster tub and shower models - 1963 to 65). With the old diverter I would turn clockwise to have...

Faucet / Diverter appears to be seized . [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have an issue with a Stanadyne shower fixture. It's a single control knob and a faucet with diverter for directing water into the tub / shower head fixture. Recently the unit has begun to malfunction in that as much water appears to stream from the faucet as from the sower head even...

Moen faucet diverter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Moen single lever faucet in my kitchen. About one week ago, it started showing signs of a problem. When I turn it on after it hasn't been used for an hour or two, the water pressure is very low, almost none. If I turn it on and off a few times, then the pressure gets better....

Diverter valve for Moen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the diverter valve (1225) on the kitchen faucet. Do I need to remove the entire faucet to do this? If so how do I do this? Thanks

View more questions Search