Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jboyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 06:48 PM
    My 3yr old isn't talking clear
    My 3yr old doesn't talk clear due to bad ear infections. After he got tubes put in both ears, he is more verbal but his speech still isn't clear. I do flash cards with him to expand his vocabulary and he is on the waiting list for speech therepy. I don't want to push him because he is doing great to me; I can unerstand him. But he is suppose to start junior pre-school and at the screening, he did beyond horrible because she couldn't understand nothing he said. The teacher told me to come back and work on some of the things that he didn't do good on. I'm lost, because he knows his shapes, ABC's, and he knows how to count but if no one but me can understand him, what else can I do? :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 07:06 PM
    You can make him annunciate his words more clearly. If he wants juice and he says "duice", tell him to say JUICE. Get down on his level and have him look at your mouth when you pronunciate your words.

At 3 very few children talk clearly. Proper pronunciation takes quite a while to master.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to clear vent? [ 9 Answers ]

To clear a vent do I flush it with a water hose or can I get access from the waste pipe behind the wall trap. I have a basement toilet that is gurgling and water is sepping out from the ring when there is a lot of activity in the house.. ie. I already had a back-up from the sewer and cleared it...

Clear Spots [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has a clear spot on her left eye.. does this mean that she has an infection.. she's only a year old and I'm starting to think that it's really affecting her vision because she seems to be running into things once in a while.. but it's not cloudy.. please let me know ASAP.. thanks

Clear me the doubt I have [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ! This is shanti sree doing graduation in biotechnology.. did we have an option of doing MBA ? Is this couse reallyy offers gudjobs as I'm from lifesceinces background ?

Clear bra [ 1 Answers ]

Hello pretty lady, I thought since you are a model you could help me with this, I am looking for clear back bra, I do not want to wear the one you put on the breasts, I want to add padding that is why I need to wear a full bra and then insert the silicon , my dress is backless Thank you for your...

View more questions Search