Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mora1234 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Cold hearted or just shutting down?
    Hi,
    I meet a guy who literally (for real) showed up on my front door. I was still with my cheating ex boyfriend at the time I met him, and after two conversations with this new guy I decided to break-up with my boyfriend for the new guy. When we first started dating he was unbelievable. He would kiss me while I was brushing my teeth, made our friends hold the cab while he would make out with me on the street corner, grab my face and make out with me in mid conversations in front of anyone (he couldn't keep his hands off me) etc... he told me that he wanted me to have his babies and convinced me against my wants of adoption to consider it in the future. He wanted me to wait for him while he was in Iraq (coming in a few months) and also took me to his home town and tried to make me meet his mother (a surprise to me but she was working thank god) he also told me about his life and a rough childhood and told me he was falling in love with me. I moved back home for the summer and I told him I didn’t want to get so serious because I wasn’t ready and wanted to keep it casual. He gave me an ultimatum to be his girlfriend or end whatever we had going. So I told him I needed time and we never talked about the situation again. We started growing distant because I didn’t call him back, return emails more than I used to and also failed make plans to see one another I said I was either too busy or didn’t know my work schedule because I was really busy. Then two weeks after the ultimatum we got in a fight over the phone (Def my fault) and he ended it over text. I realized then and there that I did want to be his girlfriend and do all the special things for him he did for me, but I just wasn’t ready before. After he ended things I showed up on his front door to try to talk to him about it because he wouldn’t return my calls, but he said his mind was made up and he knew we are not suppose to be together, he said I couldn’t have a second chance and he just didn’t have feelings like this for me any more. I'm confused because I see I screwed up by ignoring his call and never going back to see him but I’m shocked that he was so smitten and bringing me home to meet mom after two weeks and is now completely done ? What should I do I haven’t tried to talk to him in a week so do I give it more time or what’s this guys deal. I’ve had at least 4 or 5 serious relationship and dated a few others here and there so I’m not completely dumb, but this one just really blows me away. I’ve given many second chances in my life to friends and ex boyfriends and half the time it was the best choice to give a second chance so I really would like one once in my life. I really care about him and I was hard for me to give my heart away after being treated so terrible by my ex boyfriend. So what do I do here is he this cold hearted or just shutting down and pushing me away. Do I go for it or say whatever and let an amazing person go whom treated me while and made me happy.
    We dated apox 2 1/2 months really short but I know want I want.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 03:43 PM
    told me he was falling in love with me.
    After a few months, that's a big red flag,

I moved back home for the summer and I told him I didn't want to get so serious because I wasn't ready and wanted to keep it casual. He gave me an ultimatum to be his girlfriend or end whatever we had going.
    An even bigger red flag as threats over sweet talk??

So I told him I needed time and we never talked about the situation again. We started growing distant because I didn't call him back, return emails more than I used to and also failed make plans to see one another I said I was either too busy or didn't know my work schedule because I was really busy
    Good for you having your priorities straight.

We dated apox 2 1/2 months really short but I know want I want.
    That's a lot of BS in a short time and still doesn't balance his bad behavior, and disrespectful treatment. Second chance??

Only after he kissed both cheeks, and proclaimed hallelujah!
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jul 23, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Ok, you guys were together 2 and a half months! This isn't even long enough to get to know someone, and he's talking about you having his babies and all of that. I'm sure you guys talked about YOUR recent breakup and all that, so what the heck was he expecting?

If there is one thing I've learned from anyone in the military (and I work at the VA) is that they want what they want and they want it right now.

He wanted a commitment, you asked him to take it slow and he didn't want to give you that, so he ended it. If he REALLY wanted to be with you, he would've respected your wishes and took things slow and got to know you better and worked on the relationship, not pouting like a 5 year old.

There are a million fish in the sea that will treat you like the princess you deserve to be treated like. Obviously he wasn't that much of an amazing person if he just left when you asked him to take things slower.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 04:02 PM
    IT'S SHUTTING DOWN: Anyone who gave their best and still unrequited will definitely lose interest.

For sure you have made your best piece of apology and nothing worked.

My advice, gave him an "ultimatum" too, say you'll wait for his reply in 3 weeks, leave him to decide (totally don't bother!). If he doenst reply just move on. That's life> You win some, you lose some.
    bearsowner Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2008, 04:35 PM
    His childhood runs his present with women relationships. He demands his way or the highway and then abandons you like they did him. The person in the beginning is on his bet behavior and a control freak... needy and if you don't continue to do exactly as he says he punishes you by throwing you away like a piece of trash in a can. THANK your lucky stars you have seen the real him. This person lives in a lot of rage and pain.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 23, 2008, 04:55 PM
    I don't know why, but I suspect there is more to this situation. Either Mora has excluded it, or the guy had something going on he never even fully shared with Mora. Else, he's a little bit psycho and Mora dodged a bullet. That's my read.
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Jul 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Sounds very psycho. Think about it this way: the first time you wanted to do something he didn't want to do, he'd throw a fit, just like he did when you said you wanted to take things slow. So he leaves because you wanted to go to Grocery Store A and he wanted to go to Grocery Store B.

Anything could set this guy off into a pout and you're better off without him.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Jul 24, 2008, 10:14 AM
    2.5 months? WOW. Now he doesn't want to know? Sounds very IMMATURE if nothing else, (him I mean). & I'm 17 so... that is saying something!
    ilovcali Posts: 206, Reputation: 85

Jul 24, 2008, 10:27 AM
    I think you were honest with him. He couldn't handle your honesty. That's his problem. If you tell the someone the truth about how you feel and don't play games, you are always right.

Based on what you stated, I think you treated him fairly. Walk away.

--Cali

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken hearted [ 9 Answers ]

I wish you all well

Am I immature or is he cold hearted? [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together on and off for 6 years. We have a 3yr old together and 2 yrs ago we decided to be serious and stay together. We never got serious because we were both young and just having fun (I was 15yrs and he was 17yrs). He knows about everything in my past and I know...

Broke Hearted in CO [ 2 Answers ]

We broke up a week ago. Things weren't going very well but, still at least we loved each other. On the 4th of July we had another fight and I took it to far. I cut myself and freaked out major. He broke up w/ me the next day and I can't help to want him back. He says that he can't take it...

Broken hearted [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I really need some advice on this , I met this guy over xmas and we startd going out , we had been together 5 months , through that time I guess things got serious quickly , a lot of stuff was going on in my life and he helped me get through it , we got ovr that and about a month ago we had an...

Broken hearted... [ 2 Answers ]

We met last February and dated until about 4 weeks ago. It was very passionate and we both just had this emence feeling that we found our futures in each other. His life added up many stresses about the same time we started dating and he was wanting to spend all his time with me... Pretty soon...

View more questions Search