Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandy01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Late on my period but the home pregnancy test is negative, wondering about false negatives
    Hello, my period is 11 days late I have never been late in my life, my fiance's condom broke exatctly on my ovulation cycle (14 days before my next due period). At 5 days late I went to the doctor and the pee test came back negative he said it may be because it is too early to test or where I have a flu, I took a home pregnancy test today and it was negative. I am wondering if it is still too early to tell, or if anyone has experienced anything like this before? Can the home pregnancy test just not work for my body? Thanks
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jul 22, 2008, 05:00 PM
    You should wait until the week after the first missed period to get accurate results. And make sure to use first mornings urine.
    tjnn Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Hey with my first child, I took a pregnancy test about 5 days after I was late and it came back negative, then I tested a week after that cause my period still never came and then it came up positive. Just wait another week or so and it should come up positive if you still haven't got your period. You need to have enough hcg in your urine to test positive. For some people its so high right away that after 2 days missed period you can get a positive result for others it can take up to 1 month. Hope that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, negative pregnancy test [ 4 Answers ]

Well I have been trying to conceive a baby for about 6 months and I have been having problems. Right now I am 33 days late on my period I have taken several pregnancy test and there all negative. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Late period, negative pregnancy test [ 3 Answers ]

I am usually very regular (31-32 day cycles) but the past 2 months my cycle has been shortened to 25-26 days... I wasn't exactly sure when I would start my period this month but at the latest it should have started on Nov 1st. It is now Nov. 5th and still no period... I had some spotting when I...

4 weeks late period negative pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My cycle is of 45 days, my last period was on 15th April 2008, it was due on 31st May 2008, today is 26th June, I have taken 4 pregnancy test all negative. I am hypothyroid, taking medicine, it is controlled.I visited Doctor, she gave me duphaston, daily 2 for three days, I taken that on...

Missed Period & False Home Pregnancy Test [ 2 Answers ]

I am 11 days late on my period. I took a home test today, it came out negative. I didn't however do it first thing in the morning, I had gone to the bathroom twice before taking the test. I am wondering if maybe that affected the test results. I am not sure if I am pregnant though, there are a...

12 day late period negative pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for awhile.I am 23 years old and have not been on birth control for years. Last month (October) I started my normal 30 day cycle on the first, it lasted about 3 days then quit... I had some brownish discharge (which I read can be old blood) and the...

View more questions Search