Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaydin23 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Love and confusion
    Me and my boyfrined have been together for about 2 years. The last 4 months have been hell. He lost his job and thinks the world has came to an end. So when he gets mad he tends to want to put me down. Is he going to be like this from now on or do you think he's going through a faze?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Most likely he will go through the faze until he finds a job and feels better about life.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 21, 2008, 04:33 PM
    It's really hard for men to lose a job, because they feel helpless, they have no control, they also feel like failures.. so it's a touchy subject..

I suggest you back off a little.. you didn't mention this but are you helping/nagging him about getting a job? If so don't help him anymore, let him do this on his own.. my ex-boyfriend lost his job a while back and noticed that the more I bothered him about it, the less he'd want to do anything about it.. and I would have to prod him all the way along.. so it's like I always tell people, "the tighter you hold onto someone, the faster you lose them" the same goes for your situation..
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 05:24 PM
    One of the reasons you date a person for a long time is in hopes of experiencing exactly what he's going through right now... the down times. Early dating is all sweet and happy, almost fake it's so "positive". But eventually reality settles in and people act normal again.

That's good. What's great is when some "down times" come along too and you can REALLY see who each other are. This is so useful. Guys are pretty consistent critters.

So, now you know how he's going to treat you when things are going badly. Yes, this is a "phase" he's going through and when he gets a job he'll probably be good again.

But so what? The "down times" are coming again. Mr Hyde will return again. Just decide NOW that you can live with this particular Mr Hyde each time he comes to call. If so, there you go.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Just a phase he may feel inferior because he cannot provide for you
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 07:55 PM
    so when he gets mad he tends to want to put me down
    I think you are seeing the other side of your man, so pay attention. If this is how he handles bad things, that can happen at anytime, I wouldn't call it a phase though. Reacting poorly may be a better term, and I understand loss of a job. Leave when he is angry, and job or not, abuse is still wrong. Give him a minute to regroup. Take no abuse!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

H1-H4 Tax Confusion [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I came here on H1B on Apr 2006, and my wife came here on H4 (not eligible for work) on Sep 1, 2006. As this is my first tax returns year here in U.S. I have some queries on tax return. 1. Under which category we can file the tax return? (Please consider our arrival dates to give the...

Love confusion [ 2 Answers ]

How am I meant to know if he really loves me?. he says he's crazy over me and can be really sweet at times but I don't think he loves me as much as he says he does.. how am I really meant to know?:confused:

Confusion [ 2 Answers ]

I seem to be in a really confusing situation and would appreciate some clarity. I have been good friends with this girl for 2 years, about 1 1/2 years ago I asked her out and she said yes and then later that night said no stating that she did not date her friends. I accepted this and contented...

Confusion [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend says he misses me and wants to see me but he said he doesn't like me any and we've been friends for over 7 to 8 yrs.. straight and we did go out but it never worked. And I like him a lot... n we've never stopped being friends and I tell him how I feel about him and I don't know what...

View more questions Search