Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    b1120948 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Floor Drain in my Washer/Dryer room is backing up
    I have a floor drain that the previous owner of my house put in ( I guess). My washer/dryer is on our second floor of out two story home. The drain has been backing up and spilling out into the catch tray under the washer/dryer. I can't seem to figure out how to unclog this drain. It's only about 8 inches into the floor before it 90angles to somewhere. Any thoughts?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 4, 2006, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by b1120948
    I have a floor drain that the previous owner of my house put in ( I guess). My washer/dryer is on our second floor of out two story home. The drain has been backing up and spilling out into the catch tray under the washer/dryer. I can't seem to figure out how to unclog this drain. It's only about 8 inches into the floor before it 90angles to somewhere. Any thoughts?
    You have a partial blockage downstream from the floor drain.
    You have three options here. You can attempt to get a snake through the floor drain and snake out the line downstream from the floor drain. --OR--
    You can rent a sewer machine and snake from the washer vent, --OR-- you can call a plumbing company and let them hassle the entire mess. Your choice and the best of luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor Drain Backed up in Laundry room [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I've lived in my house for 5 years. It was built in 1957. It is a great, sturdy house. The biggest headache is that, occasionally, since the beginning - our laundry room floor drain backs up. I'd like to understand what is happening as best I can. I am not a plummer, but I am willing to...

Washer backing up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys. My 21-year-old son recently brought a house (6 months). I am very proud of him but very disappointed in the house. In a very short time we have found many problems with this house. It angers me because my son is a hard worker, good kid and deserves better. So, after this small intro,...

Dishwasher won't drain and washer is backing up and overflowing [ 3 Answers ]

I have problem that has completely stumped my dad and I. My washer is backing up every time it goes to drain out for both the wash and rinse cycles. Also, my dishwasher is not draining out at all either. The washer has been doing this for a while, but the dishwasher just recently started doing...

Washer Drains, floor drain overflow [ 7 Answers ]

First of all, I don't have much knowledge about plumbing, but am eager to learn and tackle it myself before I have the pros come in. Here's my problem. When I first bought the house, the washer will drain, and I will see some soap bubbles coming up from the floor drain. I always thought that I...

Washer drain backing up [ 3 Answers ]

Moved into a 2 story townhouse recently and bought a new over/under washer and drier. While doing some wash my wife noticed that when the washer drained it backed up into the sink. The lucky thing was it was a small load. This morning was an extra large load, and it backed up so bad that it...

View more questions Search