Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tanaka2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Statement of cash flows prepared by the indirect method?
    The net income reported on the income statement for the current year was $275,000. Depreciation recorded on fixed assets and amortization of patents for the year were $40,000 and $9,000, respectively. Balances of current asset and current liability accounts at the end and at the beginning of the year are as follows:

End
    Beginning

Cash
    $ 50,000
    $ 60,000

Accounts receivable

Inventories

Prepaid expenses

Accounts payable (merchandise creditors)

What is the amount of cash flows from operating activities reported on the statement of cash flows prepared by the indirect method?
    $198,000
    $324,000
    $352,000
    $296,000

I keep coming up with 320,000 and am sure this is not right and would like some help. This is not for homework, just extra questions to assist in understanding.
    Criado Posts: 142, Reputation: 15

Jul 20, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Net Income + Amortization + Decrease in Current Asset - Increase in Current Asset - Decrease in Current Liabilities + Increase In Current Liabilities

**excluding cash

That should do the trick ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indirect method of cash flows [ 3 Answers ]

I need an example of an indirect method of completing a statement of cash flows please... thanks. :confused:

Statement Presentation of Transactions-Indirect Method [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if I did this right?? E23-2 (Statement Presentation of Transactions—Indirect Method) Each of the following items must be considered in preparing a statement of cash flows (indirect method) for Turbulent Indigo Inc. for the year ended December 31, 2007. (a) Plant assets...

Indirect method of cash flows [ 1 Answers ]

I Have To Prepare Annual Statement Of Cash Flow Using Indirect Methid Of Disclosing Cash Flows From Operations. The Given Data Is Ending Balance Beginning Balance Accounts Receivable 12000 19000 Inventory ...

What is the correct financial statement-statement of cash flows wording? [ 2 Answers ]

Cash (used) in operating activities <10,000> Cash (used) in investing activities 10,000 Thank you for any help you can provide.

Preparing cash flow statement in indirect method [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please teach me how to prepare a cash flow statement in indirect method.

View more questions Search