Jul 20, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Need To Know The Known Moden Artist SEE PICS w Signature
    Anyone know ?
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 01:25 AM
    Hi, alleycat66!

Do you have an idea as to how old the painting is and the country of origin? What I see in the signature from my first viewing and interpretation of it is "C. Ananif." The first "n" could also be a "w," though.

Also, are there any numbers or other words on the frame? Say, maybe on the back of it?

Hopefully, others will be along to lend a hand at what they think about the painting you have concerning the possible title as well as the name of the artist.

Thank you for providing the images! Great job!

Thanks!
    alleycat66 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Thank you for your help. No there are no additional distinguishable markings as you requested. I also hope someone else will reply.:) :) :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 01:20 AM
    I have been searching for the artist through some databases online. Haven't come up with anything yet. Would still like to know the country of origin and how old it is, if you know those things. It could also be that it is the work of a student or someone who might be a local in a certain country who just isn't very well known yet.

Jul 24, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Thank you for your continued help. I very much appreciate your time and effort. The piece is definitely from the USA, my aunt lived in SoHo NY most of her life and one of our distant cousins was the former owner of Max's Kansas City. I still hear stories about cousins that used to recive as presents Andy Warhol pieces (originals) and would throw them away at the time thinking they were worthless. (this is a true story). I am confident that this particular piece was from a known artist in NYC from around the 1070's. I remember my aunt telling me that it was valuable when she gave it to me as a wedding present almost 12 years ago. I do not know anything else about the work. Thanks in advance.

Jul 24, 2008, 07:20 PM
    I made a typo I meant to say 1970's, sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify Avante Studios and/or Artist Signature - Oil Painting [ 8 Answers ]

This oil painting endorsed on the back as Avante Studios, Inc. is a mystery to me. From what I know, my parents acquired it in the 60s, and as you see, the subject matter definitely embodies the owl craze of the era. Can anyone help identify the studio, artist, or value? Any information is...

Before and after pics [ 11 Answers ]

Kiiiiidddingggg... :)

Before and After pics [ 7 Answers ]

Coffee lovers.. is this how you look after?:eek:

All these baby pics [ 24 Answers ]

I have been noticing many people here with baby pic altvars (sp?) I can't wait for my (grand) baby one month away and then I can add to the baby pics! :D

Emo style pics [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah so I'm emo and I'm running out of style could someone send me pics of emo clothes Style

View more questions Search