Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    njnj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Xl 1200 trane
    I have a trane netral ac xl 1200 more than 15 years old. Works fine except the past week the air handler in attic keeps running continuous. It's on auto . I replaced the thermo , worked OK for a day but it started again. I was told that it could be the relay on the unit. If it is would you be able to tell me where it is,I can replace it, I'm handy. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Access the control panel in the attic unit. The relay will be contained in there. Usually the blower door or the control access door will have a wiring diagram. MARK all wires before removal or you will be calling a pro to straiten it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL 1200 Defrost cycle failure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL 1200 Model TWX030C100A0 ser. # HO4202122 that has been a superb unit but now fails to initiate the defrost cycle. I can cause the unit to defrost by putting it into the AC mode when it frosts up. The defrost board is 21C140501G07 (WW28X0329). I have not replaced this board in...

Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump and am trying to install a programmable Honeywell RTH7500 thermostat and have an extra wire. The previous thermostat was a manual Trane. I connected the Blue wire to the C terminal, the Yellow wire to the Y terminal, the Green wire to the G terminal, the Orange...

Trane xl 1200 not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

I have a trane xl 1200 heat pump that is blowing but the air is not cold. Does anyone have an answer.

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

Overheated Trane 1200 Compressor [ 3 Answers ]

We have a two-zoned central AC units. The compressor for the upstairs zone works normal. We are having problem with the downstair unit. The compressor some times does not start and some times trips the breaker switch. After replacing the breaker switch (40 Amps) it was running and cooling fine...

View more questions Search