Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendyrose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 08:40 PM
    When is child support terminate?
    Soon our grandchildren will be 18. How long and how does support payments cease?: thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 08:44 PM
    If they are going to further their schooling
    If the court order specifies older than 18
    Then it does not stop at 18

Arrears still have to be paid up too

I believe you have to go back to court to file that they are 18 and discontinue the support because they do not keep up on that from what I understand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Continued child support when child quits school [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New York & this is my question... Does one have to continue paying support when the child quits school at 17? His mother will not enforce any rules on the child & will not make the child work or at least get his GED. Mother & father were never married, court ordered support payments,...

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

I want to sign over rights and terminate childe support [ 9 Answers ]

My ex wife has asked me repeatedly to sign over my rights for the last year and half. She has finally been married for a year to her new husband. I have been paying $1012.00 a month since the divorce. I go divorced in Ohio. I moved to Arizona to get my head on straight. It worked. I have tried...

View more questions Search