Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgwgranny Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Giving Custody without a court order by Notorized Letter
    I am a single parent of a 16 year old boy. I have been unemployed for over a year due to ill health. I also live with my mother. I recently received the results of the many tests I have taken through my doctor's office and am now under treatment.

My son recently got into some trouble in school for having a marker in his backpack and has been given community service, a $35 fine, probation, and he and I have to attend evening classes required by the school.

He has been kicked out of my mother's house and his father has never been a father and will not let him live with him. He was staying with a neighbor and his son for the weekend but had to leave. He is now with my daughter in another district.

I want to allow his sister custody of her brother by notarized letter until I can get better and find employment. We agree that we do not want to go to court.

Will she be able to get him into school with a notarized letter giving her custody and complete authority of his well being? School will be starting soon and I don't want him to get behind.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 11:57 AM
    My neighbors did a notarized paper of guardianship but they lived in the same district.
    Once in school you can sign for who is allowed to make decisions and know what is going on with the kid and who is allowed to pick them up from school, but I don't think the notarized paper would be enough to get them into school especially in another district.

Why isn't he allowed to have a marker in his backpack that sounds a bit drastic of the school .:confused:

Jul 16, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Markers are illegal for children to have in the San Bernadino County. He said he was using it in his classroom and forgot to leave it when it was time to go to his next class. Apparently, taggers are not limited to spray cans. This is what the judge told me and my son.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 12:46 PM
    I think all those laws are ridiculous. Taggers will find a way if they want to tag.

Jul 16, 2008, 01:03 PM
    I totally agree that it is a stupid and unfair law. It is unfortunate that I nor my son were not aware of it. Because of this whole situation, mines and my child's life has been turned upside down. I have been worrying so much about his welfare until I am unable to eat, sleep, or concentrate on anything else. I feel that the combination of his getting into trouble with the marker and kicked out of my mother's house has sent him into a spiral of depression. If I could just take care of his living arrangements with my daughter, I think he would be more than happy. He really wants to be with her right now. There are no other options for him, I have no where else to place him. I do not want him to end up in the system because I am unable to provide him with his basic need for shelter.

My mother is a very giving woman when it comes to financial support, but not when it comes to teenagers, she does not like them. She is old school and very hard in her ways. She is not open to any apologies or explanations or apologies from anyone. I can't convince her to forgive him. He has said that he regrets getting into trouble, but she was wrong for kicking him out, and I agree with him. I hope to leave here soon and never look back!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court Order [ 3 Answers ]

A debt collecting lawyer got a judgement at an address Where I have NEVER lived but where someone with the exact Same name lives. They then sent it to my bank and have put A lien on my bank account. I have called them to no Avail. They say it is too late - they have the judgement Against...

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

Court order [ 1 Answers ]

A few years ago I purchased a kichen - I was unable to pay for it so it went to court - the company failed to reply to a court document within the allocated time so the court threw it out However now I have had a letter from the court to say that the company want the court order reinstated - can...

Sole custody without court involvement with a notarized letter [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am a single mother of an 8 year old child who's father IS listed on her birth certificate. However, he has never paid child support or been involved in her life. There has never been a need for us to go to court for me to get sole custody and I never wished to pursue it for child...

(Massachusetts) What does a notorized letter need for court? [ 3 Answers ]

I have several witnesses willing to write statements on my behalf regarding a verbal agreement between myself and a casual friend. However, We have no idea what the statements need to contain insofar as correct writing, wording, phrasing, etc. to get them notarized and use them in court for my...

View more questions Search