Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joogy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Transferring Address Book from Outlook express to Windows Vista Mail
    Hi,

I am a complete novice,(some may say thick!) when it comes to technical stuff. I have been using Outlook express on my old sony Vaio laptop which has Windows XP Home Edition on it. I have now bought a new laptop which has Microsoft Vista on it and am using the Windows Mail. I have rang up my internet provider and they have configured my settings so I can send and receive email on my new laptop. However no-one can help when it comes to getting my old contacts on my vaio in Outlook express onto my new laptop. I have seen step by step instructions on the net but am still confused!
    It tells you to export files, import files etc which to many will seem so easy but to a mere thick one like me isn't!
    Can someone please please take me through step by step in a dummies guide on what to do.
    I shall be eternally grateful!

Thanks
    Joogy
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Jul 20, 2008, 08:17 AM
    These instructions:

Migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Mail | Windows Vista for Beginners

Are pretty straight forward. The only differences that apply to you would be *where* you save your exported data to, and import it from.

My suggestion is to follow the instructions, and when it tells you to save your exported file, you save it to a USB flash drive or across the network to a known location, and when it tells you to save your imported file, you open it from the same place.

Otherwise, it should be relatively straight forward, as the post has screenshots and very clear instructions. If you have any issues, read through the comments for other users that had the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Import .dbx files (Outlook Express) to Windows Mail (Vista) [ 34 Answers ]

Everywhere I look I see the answer is no - I cannot do the above... but there's GOT to be a way... doesn't there? :o Any suggestions for a workaround to this?

Import messages from Outlook Express 6 to Vista Windows Mail [ 6 Answers ]

I have got a new laptop with MS Vísta and Windows Mail. My old PC had Outlook Express 6. Now I want to import the OE catalogs into Windows Mail. I have copied the DBX-files to a usb-stick. I let Windows Mail try to import them by the files/import function. But the DBX-files cannot be found. How...

Outlook express address book [ 1 Answers ]

Outlook express address book How do I rebuild a lost address book on outlook express

View more questions Search