Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reicheru-006 Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Jul 15, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Together, Broken up, am i the only one who is still here?
    Well it happened. We broke it off. He didn't talk to me for a week and then finally over a text, after I texted him if he was still wanting us to b together, he broke up w/ me; still wanting to b friends. Been two weeks and I've been sending him random messages like happy birthday and oh are u going to the show for all the local bands and I'm totally cool w/ this and still want to hang and stuff but before and after the break up he hasn't replied to anything. Guys a little light on this please?

Already realized thoh
    -he's a coward
    -he didn't have the balls to even call me and break up
    -he's the one who wanted to b friends and walking away from this

but I'm starting to think he's either really upset or doesn't want anything to do w/ me. We live in different towns so I never see him except for shows but... does he really just want to cut me off like this or what?
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 15, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Not quite sure if I understand you correctly... did he just break up with you through text?

Sometimes people say they want to be friends, because they are just trying to be nice.. I know that might hurt to hear, but I've done it before.. it kind of gets the person out of my hair for a little bit, because they think that by saying that it is kind of softening the blow in a SMALL small way... which isn't good.. don't get me wrong sometimes people actually say that and have the intension of being friends, but by him not replying, I'm thinking this is the case..

When a person breaks up with another person, it's really hard for them too, they are coupled with guilt and sadness and loneliness.. it's not a fun position for dumper, let me tell you..

What can you do? I suggest you give him his space.. cut off all contact and move on.. do things that you like to do.. go to those concerts with your friends and just heal.. maybe he just needs time to be friends with you again.. but he needs that space.. and move on but don't hope that he will come back, because that won't allow you to heal properly.. it's not fair to you..

You sound young, maybe a teen am I right? There are PLENTY of fish out in the sea! Go out there and have fun!!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 05:20 AM
    He is going No Contact with you, you should be doing the same. This doesn't make his a coward, and he probably meant friends because you didn't want to have it completely ended. Take this time to stop contacting him and start the healing process
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 16, 2008, 08:55 AM
    He may be a coward, but he's behaving understandably. You don't like it, I get that, but it's still understandable. It is, and you know it. You just don't like the way it's all turned out. And THAT'S understandable on your part.

Breakup are seldom "agreeable", but it's still over. Cutting you off is hurtful since it was his idea, but what if the roles were reversed? You'd want some guy you didn't want anything to do with to respect YOUR wishes if you ended it and moved on, right?

Also, all through your original post you used "text" abbreviations. I take that to mean you are a texter, so being upset that he uses texts as a primary communication tool, even for breaking up, if that's what happened, is sort of silly.

You don't like the breakup. Nitpicking the how of it, or the why of it, or what's happening after... all of that is just wasted energy. You don't like the breakup, that's all that's really going on here.

Meanwhile, you DO have to accept it and move on.
    bigdee Posts: 132, Reputation: 20

Jul 16, 2008, 02:43 PM
    I broke up with my girlfriend on the phone. And while she said she wanted to be friends and she still loved me (just not in *that* way) and I'm special, etc... she began to remove memories of me and minimize contact with me to the point where we are going through the longest NC we've ever had. As others already have mentioned, this is normal as she is trying to move on and all the talk of friendship and love was just to ease the initial pain for me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2008, 04:06 PM
    His action say he has moved, on so should you. What ever reasons you come up with, the bottom line is it's a waste of time, to try and figure out his motives, so accept it, and save your dignity, and self respect, by not contacting him in any way, and focus on you, and your own healing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Song and female artist about "broken" or "broken girls" [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the song and female artist about "broken" or "broken girls". I think it was either on "Dexter" or "Dirt" in the background music

Broken cd [ 1 Answers ]

My grand theft auto vice city was in the sunlight how do I fix it it freezes

Anyone who has broken up [ 1 Answers ]

THIS ALL MAKES SOME SENSE. IT DOES NOT SAY HOW TO GET SOMEONE BACK. BUT IT DOS SHOW EXACTLY HOW NOT TO GET THEM BACK. The 7 Common Mistakes People Make When Trying to Get Back Together With Their Ex's

I think we've broken up [ 31 Answers ]

OK... I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years - we have lived together in the past but about a year ago (we had been arguing) he said he didn't think it was a good idea for us to live together anymore as he didn't want us to argue anymore, we broke up for a couple of days and then agreed to...

View more questions Search