Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kwellie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 06:26 AM
    General ledger account names
    Is the account "cash on hand" a separate account to the "bank account/cash account" in the general ledger?:confused:
    Criado Posts: 142, Reputation: 15

Jul 15, 2008, 08:36 AM
    There are times that they are treated as one; and there are times they are taken separately. It really depends on how it is used/described in the texbook. If both account titles exist in the General Ledger, then, they are separate accounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring from General Journal to the General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

When transferring from the General Journal to the General Ledger which cash items do you transfer .:confused:

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

General Ledger Account for Freight [ 2 Answers ]

When purchasing merchandise from a vendor, what account should freight be charged to?

General Ledger versus General Journal [ 1 Answers ]

Does the number of entries in the general journal equal the number of entries in the general ledger. Why?

View more questions Search