Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 31, 2006, 11:41 AM
    "Do they make a drain receptor with female threads on the inside that could be glued to the 2" pipe afer the base is set, and with the drain grate screwing into that?"
    They do but I'm not too sure you can use it on a manufactured shower base. It's called a "flange type shower drain", (see image) and its used with custom built tile showers.
    We don't build/assemble shower enclosures. A plumbers work ends when we do the drainage since the shower valve's already in place. You might try reposting your question over in " Internal Home Improvement" Good luck, Tom
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Mar 31, 2006, 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the help Tom. How do I go about reposting this question in a new category without retyping the whole mess.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 12:36 PM
    Other than having a moderator move the thread, you can also just highlight the text, copy, and paste into a new thread started in the internal home improvement section.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 31, 2006, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr D
    Thanks for the help Tom. How do I go about reposting this question in a new category without retyping the whole mess.
    I'll move it for you. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silicone between a 2 piece shower unit? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have a 2 piece shower unit with a gap between the wall and the tub. Should I use silicone to fill this gap? The gap is 1/16 to 3/16 of an inch and water goes in and lays in the back of it. We have trouble cleaning this gap. I have not used silicone because I am afraid mold or mildew will...

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a bathroom in my new garage addition, and am seeking input for the 36" Sterling shower enclosure. 1) Instruction state that back and side walls can be attached to bare studs or over water resistant wall board. Any opinions on which is best? 2) The base I plan to...

Building a tub deck and shower enclosure [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I am not sure if this s/b in this section or in plumbing, so I will post it in both. We are adding a whirlpool tub to our bathroom addition and it requires a tub deck. The exterior walls are all framed and insulated (Icynene). Should I rock the walls first and then build the...

One piece shower leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a one piece shower that is leaking. I have taken the quarter round off around the front of the shower unit and the adjacent base boards and water is slowly seeping out from under the shower. The quarter round trim was very wet. Is there anyway to get the remaining water out from under the...

Replacing tile shower with one-piece [ 1 Answers ]

We have a bathroom in the basement which has a tile shower. The shower started leaking and rotted away the wood around it, so I removed the shower completely (all you see are the studs on the wall and the drain pipe in the ground). It used to be a 36" shower stall, but there is additional space...

View more questions Search