Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MiChElLeUsHeR12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Love
    My 18th birthday is coming up and my boyfriend wants to know what I want for my birthday .There is this one thing that I want , but I don't know how to tell him what it is . I want to marry my baby so bad and he wants to marry me too , but he just hasn't given me a ring yet. I just want him to ask me to marry him on my birthday as a present . I love this man to death ,But what should I do . Please Help Me :( :( :( :confused:!! :(
    yazz226 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Wow... Advanced wishes... thank Almighty that he has asked you to decide on the gift... u can actually ask him
    "get me something that would remind me of you, that would take care of me, and would keep me smiling for the rest of my life!"
    And if he is a person who could read between the lines... u could say"u could give me somthing that would complete my life"
    I hope this wrks
    All the best... and do update me on what he had gifted.. All the best ;)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 05:33 AM
    Wow, if there were ever a land-mine situation, this is it.

Your guy is facing your birthday, wants to do something nice for you, and you've already decided/set your heart on an engagement ring. Well, I guarantee ANYTHING he does now other than that will be a disappointment. How sad is that?

I feel sorry for the guy already.

You've given us no information on how long you've dated, his age, occupation, financial status, you're compatibility rating (not your feelings, I already pegged your emotional rating), and your individual stated goals for the next 3 years. But you know those things.

Do all those things (on his end) stack up to a "guy ready to propose/make a life-commitment"? I'd be surprised if you said "yes".

There are a lot of things that have to work out in a guy's life/mind/heart to be able to decide "OK, let's do this for another 60 years". You should be fair in your mind about that.

If he doesn't ask you to marry him "for your birthday", I certainly hope you're able to hide your disappointment at whatever he does do. Whatever he DOES do will be special to him, and right now you're all poised to punish him for doing something nice.

Don't do that to the man you love.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Real love or puppy love [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

In love with wife but love another lady as well [ 22 Answers ]

Hello, I have been married for close to 3 years now, we really don't have any issues within us at all. We are happy in all possible ways. We are emotionally attached, we are sexually happy. But yes because of my work nature I am unable to spend time with my wife as much as before. Also recently I...

View more questions Search