Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassie1981 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Drain vent water coming out
    My house was built in 1974 I have a pipe outside that is in the brick of the house it looks like a cast iron pipe about 3' or 4' in diameter when I was clothes or drain the sink the water comes out of the pipe and floods my yard how do I fix this the stack is that the black pipes on top of the house I'm new at this ( ha ha)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie1981
    my house was built in 1974 i have a pipe outside that is in the brick of the house it looks like a cast iron pipe about 3' or 4' in diameter when i was clothes or drain the sink the water comes out of the pipe and floods my yard how do i fix this
    Hey Cassie,
    City sewer or septic tank? You have a partial blockage downstream from the stack. There should be a cleanout located near the base of the stack. Rent a sewer machine, (see image) and open up the cleanout and send the snake down the line. If you can't locate the cleanout you'll hafta go down the cast iron pipe. If you're on a septic tank there's a very good possibility that the discharge from the washer's too much and the tank needs to be pumped and the filter bed checked out. Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Tom said it: clogged sewer main. Proceed as he suggested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/c drain water coming out of it [ 14 Answers ]

There is water coming up through the a/c drain when the kitchen sink is running or the dishwasher. We have tried to run a plumbing snake and a water hose up through it to get whatever is clogging it up out but they won't go around the turns. It is coming through into the house through a closet and...

Water coming up Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Water is cominh up the drain. Not fast and no oder. Used Draino, no help.

Water coming up drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have water coming up the bathroom sink drain, it is cold I believe it is from the central air condensation. How can I fix this?

Water coming out of vent pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced the laundry sink in my 1940s home. In process I noted what I assumed was a vent pipe (approx. 2" diameter) coming out of basement floor at 45 degree and then turning and going straight up. A joint on this pipe was corroded and came apart; it appeared to be pretty blocked on the...

Water in the basement.coming from the vent? [ 3 Answers ]

There is water coming out of the basement pipe vent (vent is just before the main pipe out to the street sewer system) every time the sump pump goes on. We snaked the pipes past the vent but it still is coming out of the pipe vent. We cannot use any water in the house without the sump pump kicking...

View more questions Search