Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmcfrank Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Breaker tripped after accidental short after reset only halfthe circuit came bck on
    While changing a light switch the hot accidentally shorted, the breaker tripped and after resetting only half the circuit fired back up. I checked all the outlets and switches all seemed good but again only half of them had power. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 11, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Check outlets and switches. Are they wired using the little holes in the back. If so rewire using screws. The over current that tripped the breaker may have caused a faulty connection if outlets wired this way. This type of wiring is famous for having poor connections after a period.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 06:10 AM
    Any GFI outlets on circuit that could possibly need to be reset?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 07:36 AM
    I would check the last working receptacle or first bad receptacle to find the break, in that string.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker [ 15 Answers ]

I want to know about the basic Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker

No power to section of house. No tripped circuit breaker [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently renovating a living room dining room area. I was done for the day and in the process of cleaning up. I had a compressor connected to an outlet on one side and was using it to blow off saw dust off my miter saw. No other tool or light fixture in the area was on. I then plugged...

Freaked out by sparks and tripped circuit breaker [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I had a circuit breaker box installed about a month ago. I also had recessed lighting installed in the bedrooms with dimmer switches. The wiring goes from the box to the attic and connects to the each lighting fixture. This was all done by a professional. Today, just as I walked into...

GFI Circuit Breaker will not reset [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GFI Circuit Breaker connected to my outdoor wiring. After a very heavy storm the power to my holiday lights blew. I attempted to throw the GFI switch, but it will not reset. Do I need to replace it or am I doing something wrong. Also if it needs to be replaced, how difficult a job is it? ...

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

View more questions Search