Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Damned if we do... Damned if we don't
    Hello:

Freddy Mac and Fannie May are bankrupt. They are about to collapse. They guarantee HALF the mortgages in this country. That's a $Trillion (WITH A T) worth of debt. The government is being encouraged to bail them out because, they say, we can't afford for them to fail.

If your government DOES bail them out, that will, in one fell swoop, DOUBLE the national debt and the taxpayers will be on the hook. Are you ready to take on that load? Are your children?

Of course, they're right (whomever they are), when they say we can't afford to see these institutions fail... If they do, the entire banking industry will too.

I have only one solution to this dilemma: buy gold.

excon
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Yeah years ago when I learned all the 'end times' stuff that is happening now just as predicted they said when it almost gets to that time buy gold but some other metals could even be more valuable.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 12:33 PM
    The American banking system is, and has been, teetering on the brink and many banks are insolvent. The stock market is unstable and taking hits on bad news as it happens. We have one Presidential candidate who is so out of it and "confused" that he maintains that he isn't going to raise taxes for wars and bailouts on ANYONE OR ANYTHING if he is elected.

The policies of the Republican Administrations since 1980 have brought our country to its knees because of their failure to deal with the IMPORTANT ISSUES of the day such as imported oil, and regulation of the money markets.

Meanwhile, some Americans chose to sleep through reality thereby being stooges for the powers that have been ruining the American economy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Damned if I do, damned if I don't! [ 11 Answers ]

Obviously, this isn't a new subject. And unfortunately I don't think it'll ever go away. So here's my story, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm almost 22.. I have a little boy who will be 5 this summer. I'm planning on getting married in May of 08. My soon to be husband would like to...

Unwanted pregnancy - damned if you do, damned if you don't? [ 26 Answers ]

I've been reading posts about unwanted pregnancies and it has prompted me consider the matter on a deeper level. It seems to me that when you are confronted with an unwanted pregnancy, you will always be criticized by the choice you make. Keep the baby, adopt the baby or abort the baby. They...

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. [ 6 Answers ]

Well as you all know my parents split up before xmas, and things were really tensed for a while. Soon after things settled down and everyone was getting on a lot better. However once again the tables have turned. My mum is now having financial problems and contnously blames me for...

View more questions Search