Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SuperSonic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 04:37 PM
    I want my ex back.
    Hi, I really need some advise. I'll keep this as short as possible.

My ex and I got together last April, but broke up in September because he had feelings for someone else. We remained friends and still are to this day. I started dating a guy in November and I still am, but I feel things aren't going so great. I was honest with him and told him I still have feelings for my ex, but he still didn't want me to finish our relationship.

Over the course of time in which my ex and I have broken up (about six months), I've noticed him look at me a few times and look away etc. At times though he held the gaze until I broke it. I was also told by a friend once that when my ex saw me hug my current boyfriend he had a strange look on his face and she couldn't figure out what emotion it was, it appeared to be mixed. We still talk every time we see each other also. At first it was a bit awkward, and we always gave each other a hug, which where akward until fairly recently. He'd be a bit figity at times when we were talking (like messing with his beard and moving his cigarette box in his hands), and he's started giving me the big squishy hugs he used to when we were together. He's also recently finished with the girl he had feelings for, but alas has tried to get back with another ex (who is having none of it).

I'm confused though. I've heard from a few people that he may want back with me but isn't saying so because I'm currently attatched. I can't stress how well we still get on. Is there any signs I should look for the next time I see him or anything like that? Please help, I feel really stuck :(.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2006, 05:24 PM
    Ok, my answer to someone 15 is going to be different from someone 30.

Normally ex's are ex's for a reason, remember that reason. All people have "funny feelings" about their ex, they don't reallywant them, but they don't want someone else to have them either. And the longer you are together the harder it is to get over each other.

If you really really want him back ( and my though is no, they are a ex for a reason) if common sense has no bearing on it, go talk to him and find out how he feels.

If you were 15 I say yes of course go back, then you normally learn early why going back to a ex is normally a bad idea.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 06:44 PM
    I don't know about waiting for any specific signs but just continue doing what you've been doing and wait it out. Something may develop or it may not. Do you feel like you want to give things another go with him? You could try talking to him honestly and upfront about how you feel and let him respond. That may help you map out your next course of action.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2006, 02:27 AM
    If you think you want to give it another go, then speak to him. Wondering what feelings and emotions he has when he sees you and friends telling you he looks at you is not going to give you a 100% answer, is it, speaking to him will, then you can judge for yourself.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Hi, Super,
    I do agree with talking with your ex. Find out!!
    Your only other option is to do nothing, and just wait and see what happens.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2006, 06:52 AM
    Forget him. The only reason he is giving you these looks is because he is jealous of you. You have moved on with you life (or so he thinks) and from where he is standing you are happy and he is probably not. He probably looks at you occasionally and looks aay because he wnts to know what you are up to and that you are OK. My ex did the very same. Ripped my heart out and then after if he saw me he would just stare at me and look away. Then once he actually approached me to talk to me and actually knew everything that was going on in my life before I even opened my mouth. EXs are very strange, they don't want to be with you, but some how they till want to know what you are up to, how you are. But it does not mean anything.

Sometimes it's a case of wanting what they can't have. If you display to him that you want him back - he will be gone with in seconds. It's a power thing, knowing that you will go back to them at the click of their fingers, knowing that if they say "jump" - you will say "how high" - not being in control is the worst thing for some guys and in this situation you are in control - so don't ever give it back to him.

You will get over this guy with time - you just need to do what you are doing and give your new guy a chance. He sounds very understanding and willing to do whatever it takes to keep you. If you still don't feel that way about your boyfriend then tell him so, be honest, but I would not recommend trying to get back with the other guy - he will only hurt you.

Good luck and remember where we are if you need a chat xxx
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Hey, DJ,
    Good answer. Tried to give a comment; but got the pop-up window!
    Like your signature; Listen for love.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hey, DJ,
    Good answer. Tried to give a comment; but got the pop-up window!
    Like your signature; Listen for love.
    Thanks Fredg - I have been in her situation many times, took me long enough to learn what was going on, so I am happy to pass on my knowledge & experience.

My new signiture is something I firmly believe we don't do enough of ;) - if supersonic is listening to this guys words and actions then she will realise she is not loved by this guy.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Great signature.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Great signature.
    A simple sentence which carries a lot of meaning!
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Absolutely.
    Taking time to read it, thinking about it, really helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

How do I get him back [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just broke up tonight and I want to get him back but also want to wait awhile so he won't think that in missing him already, let me give you some history : we have been together for about a year and we have a baby girl on the way I don't want her to grow up like I did with out a...

How To Get Him Back [ 9 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship with this guy for a year and a month, and he decided he needs a break. He still loves me he just doesn't know if he wants to be single, and he doesn't want to have a doubt in his mind that he wants to be with me. The thing is, he's expecting me to wait for a couple of...

I wants my ex back [ 13 Answers ]

Hey everyone. :( I', desprete, I finally found the girl of my dreams, and no one could ever take her place, and I'm attempted to end my life if she isn't in it. I knows I sound like afool, but it's just the way I feel. I tried going with other girls but I just can't do it, all I do is think...

Can I have her back [ 3 Answers ]

Hi please advise me what to do and what are my chaces... anyway this is the story I love this girl I was seeing this girl for 5 months and we really become very good friends.On 1st April as we know that we call it "APRIL FOOL". At that day I decided to make her fool and to find out that she...

View more questions Search