Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idazel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Disability income and unsecured dept
    I saw something in a New York paper saying that if a person's only income is from disability sources, and they cannot pay their unsecured dept, then they can become exempt from paying the debt. Do you know anything regarding this? Thank you.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Welcome to AMHD. I believe you have several concepts about debt, income, and exemptions mixed up. Is there any way you can get back to that New York paper and confirm the details of the article or advertisement?
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2008, 01:30 PM
    If your only income is Social Security SSI and you don't own a house or other assets you are pretty much "judgmet proof" they can sue you but they won't get anything out of it. Never heard of any excepton for disability.

Carl.-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.s. And va 100% disability income [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is rated 100% total and permanent disabled by social security and the Veterans administration. This is her only source of income. I at this time have no income, as I stay home to take care of her. Is she,or the both of us as a married couple required to file federal taxes each. I believe...

Disability income [ 1 Answers ]

I am receiving disability income from an insurance company on which my employer paid the premiums. I know I will have to pay taxes on this income. My question is, "On what form will the insurance company report this income to me". Will it be a 1099?

Disability income [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if Disability income is taxable. This income is from social security and not a pension plan or long term payments. And are there any factors that detemine this? Some info that might help. My Wife does not work. And for 2006 I have income with them due to 401K distribution. In 2007 I...

Can the IRS touch disability income [ 3 Answers ]

I owe back taxes to the IRS and am going to star receiving social security disability next month can the IRS touch my disability income

Disability Income [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on workers compensation income since November 2004. I purchased a home in February 2005. I have no W2. My dependent is in private school and received 3 hundred toward her tuition for 2005-2006 school year. I have in the past used Turbo Tax. Am I required to file taxes on my...

View more questions Search