Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Want to lose 30 pounds in 1 to 2 months
    How is this possible I want to go back to school a new person and I really want to get this weight off :confused:
    xaque Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2008, 09:29 PM
    My advice would be to exercize. Do anything that raises your pulse rate. Ride a bike jog etc, but don't starve yourself. Eat, but eat thing that are healthy such as friuts veggies fish. Do not drink soft drinks even if they are diet. To b honest, 30 lbs in 2 months is pretty drastic, but you can come close if you really want it.
    Asma Bi Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Jul 9, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Same here. I am going 2 lose weight
    The way am duin this however is nt eating for a week this will stp you frm feeling like eating all the tym
    Then living off fruit an veg.. An xcercisin at least an hr a day
    Not using pills etc though
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:15 AM
    If you want, I lost about 23 lbs in roughly 4 months... and that's with a job + taking full load of classes...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/fitnes...tness+calendar

Highlights what I did.
    jolee523 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Just to let you know in advance, I have not answered questions before, but I am familiar with weight gain and lose. First off try your best to lose what you can before the event. Personally I would start by setting aside at least a half hour for cardio such as: walking, using an elliptical, jump rope, or exercise videos. If you can afford a class like cardio kickboxing it is not as hard as you think it is trust me. Try to find a friend to work out with also, it will make it so much easier. Then some weight training and ab exercises, only 15 to twenty minutes for both. My favorite book is factor 5; it has great workouts in it and is quick with great results in 5 weeks. The only thing I didn't like is the diet plan. I hate anything with too much restriction. IF YOU REALLY want to lose the weight try to work out every day. The diet should consist of Protein Such as: chicken or fish meals at dinner like; salmon or tilapia w/ low fat butter or lemon and pepper with green vegetables and 1 cup brown rice or baked sweet potato. Lunch can consist of either salad (spinach w/ cucumbers, mushrooms, walnuts, mandarin oranges, chicken, tuna salad low fat mayo, or olive oil, hardboiled egg, low fat dressing no creamy. OR you can have broth based soup, or sandwich with turkey lettuce, tomato, low fat cheese on rye or whole wheat. Breakfast try oatmeal, milk, low fat whole wheat waffles w/ low fat cream cheese, banana w/ pb, or whole wheat English muffin, easy low fat foods with protein in the morning. For dessert try low fat pudding or jello. If snacks are needed try celery and 2 tbsp Pb, mozzarella sticks low fat, or fruits before 3 pm.Try not to eat 2 hrs before bed. . By the way information has been collected over time and this is what works for me. I work in a pharmacy and try to get advice there, and I also read a lot. Hope this helps don't give up you can do it. Your goal is to lose as much weight as possible before the wedding; you can't fail unless you just don't try.
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Jul 14, 2008, 06:21 PM
    I'm not sure what your income level is, but I work at a hospital, and my friend does too. Most of his family is in the health care industry and his uncle (An M.D.) suggested that he try the isagenix program. It's not cheap (get the 30 day) but if you use it's supplements, and follow it's program for the whole 30 days you will cleanse your system, be better hydrated as well as have more nutrients in your body. The uncle gave my buddy the 30 day trial as a gift, and he lost like 20 pounds in a month (while eating healthy and excercising of course)

Make sure you're properly hydrated at all times (you're supposed to drink about half your body weight in ounces so if you're 150lbs, drink 75oz of water daily) Not only does staying hydrated keep your system cleaner, but sometimes when you feel "hungry" you're body is just telling you it's thirst. Staying hydrated eliminates this confusion and you'll know when you're hungry.

Try to eat 6 SMALL meals a day, start with protein in the morning so that you're not starving all day, eat some fruit as your second snack, make a salad for lunch (meal 3), some veggies/fruit for 4th meal (in between lunch and dinner), try to get a lot of veggies in with dinner as well as some lean chicken/ fish and then about 45 minutes before you go to bed, eat 1/2cup of low fat cottage cheese (this is a slow burning protein so while you sleep, and your body needs fuel, it won't burn the protein you already have in your system, and will rather take from your fat reserves)

If you are not comfortable going to a gym, or don't have the money for it, I'm using a website called HOW TO GET SIX PACK ABS IN 16 WEEKS - Six Pack Abs Workout Routine, he has a 16 week program that uses all body weight lifting to help you get tone and fit, as well as meal plans that will help you in your quest for being healthy.

You don't just want to lose weight to look better, you should want it so that you can feel better, have more energy, concentrate better, as well as live longer and most importantly, BE MORE CONFIDENT! =)

Kevin
    993099142 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by princessap
    how is this possible i want to go back to school a new person and i really want to get this weight off :confused:
    The Atkins diet is good for people who have a high percentage of body fat.

The theory behind it is that your body burns carbohydrates to keep you going, when you don't eat any carbohydrates, the body turns to fat stores for energy. This way your weight loss is 100% fat and not muscle or bone density (as is the issue with every other dieting method) You just have to stick to a diet of 85% meat until you've lost 50% of all the weight you want to lose, then slowly start adding carbohydrates back into your diet. On the induction phase of the atkins diet, you can eat 20 grams of carbohydrates daily... and you may stay on this phase of the diet from anywhere between 2 weeks to one year.

Now 5 radishes contain ONE gram of carbohydrate. So you can eat about 100 radishes a day, and they are high source of fiber which is something that you NEED to keep your poop regular. I was constipated for my first 3 weeks on the atkins diet so make sure you take some fiber. They are also extermely cheap, about $1.00 a day is enough.

I recommend sashimi for the atkins diet. I usually lose .5 pounds a day but when I eat sashimi (raw fish) I lose 1 pound a day. Raw fish is also about 80% protein and 20% fat. Also note that wasabi and pickled ginger contain no carbohydrates... Soy sauce contains a little bit depending on the brand.

Good luck, and let me know how things go!

Jul 18, 2008, 06:41 AM
    I wouldn't suggest jumping straight into a atkins-styled diet as it can have big negative impacts on the digestive system for someone who may not be healthy enough to handle it. I won't say that the effects are good, a friend of mine did it, but you can get sick very easily from personal experience and other friends testimonials.

Basically, cut the crap food, stop drinking sodas (we haven't evolved all these years needing any other liquid but water in our system... why drink something that doesn't hydrate you well and has tons of sugar?)

Make sure you drink a bunch of water a day, Eat lean meats (fish and chicken are great as they contain high protein and low fat) and make sure you replenish your body with the proper nutrients.

A diet doesn't have to be bland either, you CAN eat good food that tastes good while feeling better.

I was a big soda drinker back in the day, and within 4 days of no soda, and drinking only water (no excercising, still had junk food from time to time) I lost like 5 lbs. Water helps purify your body, regulates your system, and keeps you hydrated.

If you need any helpful guides or help with kicking the junk food binges, use sources like Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com (gives calories consumed with popular fast food menus)

I would also buy a note book and write down everything you eat and at what times. Then compare it with the information from that website. You'll see a change in eating habits after you realize all the non-nutritious, fattening food being consumed.

I would also schedule an appointment with your physician and get a meeting with a nutritionist they recommend, they may be able to help you plan out a meal program to make life easier on you. (I know it can be hard planning meals)
    kayla00 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by princessap
    how is this possible i want to go back to school a new person and i really want to get this weight off :confused:
    I'm trying to do the same I just ordered a book called toning for teens for only like $3 some people say it helps also I ordered this total fitness kit thing from walmart online because they don't have it in stores and it was $30 about. I hope it works. Well ill try and update you if things work out but if you really want to lose weight work hard abd get motivated. Good luck oh yeah eat healthy or you can just portion your meals
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 01:35 AM
    If you want to be a new person, change your style and attitude first. How tall are you? How old are you? How much do you weigh? What are you currently eating? What exercise do you currently get?

Jul 24, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kayla00
    im trying to do the same i just ordered a book called toning for teens for only like $3 some people say it helps also i ordered this total fitness kit thing from walmart online because they dont have it in stores and it was $30 about. I hope it works. well ill try and update you if things work out but if you really want to lose weight work hard abd get motivated. good luck oh yeah eat healthy or you can just portion your meals
    To be perfectly honest, you don't even need that fitness kit from Walmart. The most quick (and best way) for you to cut weight, while eating a healthy diet, is to use body weight excercises. I've said this before, but check out HOW TO GET SIX PACK ABS IN 16 WEEKS - Six Pack Abs Workout Routine and follow the 16 week workout. I suggest doing it Mon, Wed, Fri, and do Interval Training (at a gym if you're able to) on Tuesdays/wednesday/Saturday along with doing ab workouts.

You'll notice a big difference in y our body after the 16 weeks, I'm doing it and I've lost a bunch of weight. If you are unable to do the set amount of reps, lower it by 5 for each exercise until you can do the max.
    ucandoit121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 06:42 PM
    I lost 50 pounds in 8 weeks (2months) and it was easy I weighed in at 230 pounds and I got to 180 bye the end and this was while I was on vacation in asia I exercised almost everyday 4-7 days a week I drank beer and ate w/e I wanted but my body wasn't used to the hot whether and therefore my body changed a lot I could tell my metabolizism increased and I got shredded and felt incredible and after my trip I countinued to exercise and kept my weight at 175-190 for months but then living in canada the winter kind of killed it for me because I got lazy and ate a lot of fastfood... so now I'm back at 210 pounds and I'm going to gun for 170 in 2-months again and my diet and exercise consist of good eating and if I do get carried away with that I always keep some laxatives for whenever I over eat but daily exercise is good but dieting I know consist of 60% of body building so diet is the main key and eating healthy food stay away from junk food. Most of my weight is around my belly other parts are built but that's for me I don't know if anyone else has the same issues but main key to get rid of your belly is dieting and exercise regularly try eating healthy for 1 month u will be surprised by the amount of weight u will lose ^^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lose 60 pounds? [ 9 Answers ]

:( I am 11 years old and I weigh at least 160 pounds and I'm only 5,3 and that's over weight and I need to know how to lose 60 pounds before the summers over because I don't want to go to middle school and be made of or look like this I am tired of people making fun of me I'm tired of not having a...

Need to lose 48 pounds! [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: :confused: please help! I just turned 15 and I weigh MORE than my 17 year old boyfriend. He weighs 160 and I weigh 178. How can I lose weight! I wanted to weigh around 130 for summer... or 10th grade... I don't know what to do! I exercise, eat right, and play softball all the time, but I just...

Need to lose 40 pounds [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 40 pounds larger than I was before I had my baby what is a quick and easy way to get back to the size I was?

How do I lose 40 pounds in 2 months [ 17 Answers ]

How to lose 40 pounds in 2 months

How to lose 50 pounds [ 1 Answers ]

How can I lose 50 pounds fast and easy I'm 18 5'10'' and about 235 to 240

View more questions Search