Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NotLikingHondas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 01:33 PM
    1998 Honda Accord won't start after rain!
    I've found lots of answers for Hondas that won't start in the heat, or in the cold. Mine will start in blazing hot sun, or bitterly cold winter... but not when it rains.

Engine turns over but won't catch. All electrical is fine, and the battery is new anyway. Every time I take it to the dealer they "can't reproduce the issue".

2-3 days after a rainstorm, the thing starts up like a dream, and runs fine. Had one or two stalls here and there, but very uncommon and always starts right back up.

Mechanic friend (who hadn't seen the car) said maybe Starter Solenoid is exposed, and collecting moisture. Anything else I should have them check? I live in a rainy climate, for heaven's sake! My car is dead at least once a week!

EDIT: oops, I found some answers when I changed my search keywords. Sorry! But I'd still welcome any input!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 01:55 PM
    See if this helps:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post520809

I also recommend replacing the Ignition Control Module and coil every 120,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first, in Hondas.
    NotLikingHondas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Thank you so much! The people at Honda thought I was completely crazy. I'll definitely check this out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 honda accord don't start [ 161 Answers ]

I have a 1998 honda accord that don't won't to start all the time.   I have read that other honda owners are having this problem.  I have had a mechanic to look at the car and of course the car starts with him my husband is trying to figure this out.  I think I am going to contact the main Honda...

Honda accord won't start after damp rain - help [ 3 Answers ]

After very heavy rain my 1999 honda accord won't start in the mornings. The car starter and ignition turns over no problem but the engine won't fire. I can hear it spluttering and shaking till it catches. Had this problem in the spring and I changed the HT leads and spark plugs and car ran OK but...

1998 Honda Civic won't start after rain [ 1 Answers ]

My 1998 Honda Civic runs well except for after it rains, then it won't run at all for 2 or 3 days until it dries out, any ideas what the problem could be?

94 Honda Accord won't start in rain. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 94 Honda Accord LX that won't start in the rain. The problem first started about a month ago when my daughter was at the beach on some wet and foggy days. In the morning the car won't start, it cranks fine just won't start. You can smell gas so we assumed it was flooded. There was a...

1998 honda accord won't start. [ 0 Answers ]

I need some help. My car ran out of gas two weeks ago and hasn't started since. I put more gas in the tank and when I tried to fire it up it wouldn't start. I thought that it might be the fuel system, e.g. fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors, but after running some simple diagnostics, decided to...

View more questions Search