Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Picknoob Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Girlfriend Is Mad, When I Should Be.
    So my best friend likes my girlfriend but nothing will ever happen between them and I know this but, last night me and my girlfriend were at a party and she totally ignores me like she always does and went and was flirting with my best friend. She had not said barley 2 words to me whole night but found no problem linking to his arm when we all decided to get some air (we had been drinking).

So I did what a lot of people would have done. I got mad and punched my car (not hard) but loud enough for them to question my actions as I stormed in house..

Now I told her that I was mad because of what she did, but she made me look like the bad guy somehow saying that she doesn't like PDA and that if she had been over me it would make other people awkard or something like that.. Anyway do I have a right to be mad?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Mad yes, upset yes, punch your car, no. Going outside and punching your car was a very immature thing to do, and did it solve anything?

Communication in a relationship is very important. You should have waited until you were both alone and then calmly told her that her actions upset you. As for the PDA, she has a problem with it but is linking arms with her boyfriends friend. She was flirting with someone else, ignoring you, that's not okay. If she wants to be with your friend than she should break it off with you.

Jul 6, 2008, 08:38 PM
    To be honest he actually tryd to be with her before I did but she liked me more.. she just likes to be liked I think. And I told her alone today why I was upset and she got even more upset with me I wish I knew what to say.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Can I ask how old you are?

Same mess happened when I was... 16 years old. My girlfriend actually hung out with a friend of mine all night at a party and when questioned, her answer was... "I just don't like pda"

Turns out, she just wasn't that into me at all. It seems that she's either embarrassed of you or doesn't want people to know that you two are dating, which I'd say is a small problem. I'm not saying she should make out with you, but being your girlfriend, she should show some respect and be somewhat connected to you.

However, you did show insecurity and immaturity when you reacted the way you did. Best thing to do in that situation is to just go on your own way and enjoy the party.

Regardless, what happened happened... I'm not saying you have a right to be mad, but you two do need to talk about what happened as this thing will snowball later.
    Pets Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 08:42 PM
    She's not handling this very well. Tell her you don't like PDA either, especially if it's with her and your best friend. I'd also talk to your friend about this, if he cared about you at all he would have kept his hands off and walked away.

She sounds pretty insecure, wants to be liked by everyone, wants attention, flirts and hangs all over other guys. That's not good, and the most quick way to end a relationship.

She has a right to be mad about you getting physical, even though it wasn't with her, but your car. That's never an okay thing to do, it's only a small step from punching your car to punching her, and that's maybe why she's mad.

When you do talk to her about this, remember, stay calm, talk rationally, don't react emotionally. Just talk it out, you deserve a right to say why you are upset, and she needs to hear it and understand, otherwise the same situation will keep happening.

Good luck.

Jul 6, 2008, 08:45 PM
    I have talked to him about it and he would never do anything to hurt me that's for sure and neither would she I don't think. As for being embarrassed of me... mayb :(. But then why would she date me in first place and we were at a party with all our friends so its not like no one there knew we were not dateing.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 08:51 PM
    How old are you?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Sometimes people feel a connection between others and it doesn't have to be sexual.
    She could care about him, like him but not be in love with him. She needs to learn how to handle her feelings for him way better though.
    Her excuse about being awkward sounds backwards because it seems it would be more awkward putting your arms around another guy than your boyfriend.

Punching things doesn't solve or fix anything and makes you look stupid. AND it could scare her off and cause her to think maybe she IS better off if she were to start seeing your best friend.
    Chewy1 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2008, 08:55 PM
    You must be able to see that you are boosting her ego! She is playing you like a fool. That's not to say she does not want to be with you, she probably loves you heaps but it sounds to me like she gets off on seeing you upset over her... makes her feel good. Tell you what, don't get angry, don't even act like you care AT ALL. Be loving, be happy. She will hate it and unless I am wrong and she's not really into you at all, she will end up all over you. She is as insecure as they come.
    Pets Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Picknoob
    I have talked to him about it and he would never do anything to hurt me thats for sure and neither would she i dont think. As for being embarassed of me... mayb :(. But then why would she date me in first place and we were at a party with all our friends so its not like no one there knew we were not dateing.
    They already have.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 09:15 PM
    You have the right to be mad, and I am wondering how she can be your girlfriend? Especially when she is ignoring you and linking arms with your best friend. I think there is a lot more to this then what they are letting you know. It is up to you how you handle this, but getting angry about it and showing that is not going to make you look good but then they probably new that was going to be your reaction. What you need to do from now on no matter what happens is keep a cool head and make swift but silent decisions and move on. That is just my opinion.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 09:31 PM
    I agree with starfires reply that she could be trying to get you to break up with her.
    IF she isn't just having strong feeling that she doesn't know what to do with and in denial even to herself then she KNOWS what she is doing and trying to get you to dump her first.
    Either way your temper could be an excuse for her ending up breaking up
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 09:52 PM
    That is why, if he thinks this is a good move is to actually break up with her, but on his own terms. Again just my opinion. Remember actions speaks louder then words. Her actions spoke loud.
    ch00ch00 Posts: 36, Reputation: -1

Jul 6, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Yes you have all the right in the world to be mad but don't take it out on your car!! This has also happened to me and my girlfriend but I don't get mad any more I get even! When she did it the 3rd time I started flirting with her friends every time I saw them! Naturally she got mad. But when she did I brought up all the tymes she's did it to me! After that she stopped doing it!
    nelsta78 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 7, 2008, 02:51 AM
    Sounds like a typical teenager scenario.
    I've had this.A girl in a club asks you out the first night you met her.
    Then she gets to know your friends and decides she gets on with one of them mre than you and that she'd prefer to be with him.

This is why dating was invented.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 07:10 AM
    I'll be honest, as you could be having more fun with someone who is more compatible, and less dramatic, more loyal, and better able to talk to, with less mind games.

Just me, why put up with these changes, as you already are having your buttons pushed? Let your buddy(?) have these problems.

Why even be mad, when you can be gone, to something a lot better.
    Applejacks83irv Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jul 7, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Dude? The way I see it this cat want your steak! Bad! He says ( I will never hurt you friend! BFF!) BULL SH!T!! If he was your friend he would tell your girl to bug off! Come on real talk here! Your chick is a d!tch! (say it!. its okay!. SHE A d!tch!) OKAY NOW THAT YOU FEEL BETTER! You tell her and you break up with her. I know what your doing I'm not dumb?. yes I'm jealist that you show more interest in my best friend in front of me! You ask me that being a HO for show! And drop her and the big key here! Keep your COOL!
    Applejacks83irv Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Hey man? What's up? What? Happin? She try to talk to you or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get ex girlfriend? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello there! Sorry if its too long!! !we have been together for 1 year and 7 months together! And we had wonderful time! Last week on Sunday she was with me as we used to live together! And on Monday from job she came and started crying that she needs to be separate from me becoz we don't have...

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

MY Ex Girlfriend is Pregnant, But I'm In love With mY new Girlfriend. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, to whom it may concern my name is sam. I am 21 years old and I just don't get it. I had been with my ex for 2 odd some reasons, and then I broke up with her. I found out that she found someone right away. I felt happy inside for her at that time. Finally I found the love of my live who loves...

Ex Girlfriend or Pregnant Girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I had been seeing my partner for 8 years and have had a fantastic relationship. We had a really good lifestyle and I genuinely feel like she was my soulmate and true love. Trouble is I didn't know it. I hit 40 and had what I now see as a mid life crisis. I split with my girlfriend in November,...

View more questions Search