Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Butterfly300 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Lymph nodes swollen
    I hope somebody can help my brother has been bother for a number of years with his lymph nodes being swollen in his neck once they were large enough to see without palpating them now you can palpate and feel them also he has chronic back pain never has he been injured in any way he says he tired all the time but he's on beta blockers I have explained they will make you tired but he says its excessive he been dignosed with chronic fatigue syndrome every test has been negative he has villiago on his hands they were recently given the dx sarcardosis I took him to the hospital for 3 consc days these test were also negative this is my only sibling I have exhausted every means to trying to find what is wrong with him I know back pain is hard to diagnose but his neck stays swollen and tender he did have a sinus infec but was properly treated has anybody had similar problems I know often problems don't show themselves right way but help me to maybe give the dr some idea of what kind of test that maybe they could try.. thanks everybody:confused:
    Chewy1 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2008, 07:19 PM
    My sister had the same problem. Lymph nodes behind her ears were like golf balls. Does your brother have any skin problems? Acne, boils? My sister was tested for MRSA and it came back positive. Her nodes were swollen because of the infection. We had no idea she had one. She was the same as your brother, constantly tired and run down and depressed. Doc put her on anti-biotics and the nodes went down and she feels 100% better.
    Butterfly300 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1
    My sister had the same problem. Lymph nodes behind her ears were like golf balls. Does your brother have any skin problems? Acne, boils? My sister was tested for MRSA and it came back positive. Her nodes were swollen because of the infection. We had no idea she had one. She was the same as your brother, constantly tired and run down and depressed. Doc put her on anti-biotics and the nodes went down and she feels 100% better.
    Thank you I will pass this information on today and pray this is the answer thank you again
    anitatibbs1971 Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Dec 18, 2011, 06:09 PM
    Get him checked for lymphoma. It's possiable Cancer of the lymphnetic system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lymph nodes swollen one side and other on penis [ 1 Answers ]

Hi This is my case pretty weird I am sure Before I start I need to tell you I have had blood test STD , HIV and CBC all negative and perfet health , I don't smoke and don't drink, so my blood is kind of pure But, I caught , what I would call a penis bacterial infection (the doctor told me it...

Swollen lymph nodes by the ear [ 4 Answers ]

The Lymph nodes that are located slightly below the ear are swollen most of the time. Doctors don't seem to be concerned. Any ideas? I have allergies to ragweed and tree pollen and am on ongoing immunotherapy. I also have Asthma.

Swollen Lymph Nodes and Pain Under Breast [ 2 Answers ]

Okay armchair doctors, what say you to this? Last week my monthly showed up a week early. 3 days prior to the Arrival my breasts (espcially the nipples) were extremely sensitive and painful. Period starts very heavy and halfway through I get really painful (like hot poker) jolts through my...

Sore Lymph [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sore spot directly behind my left ear lobe. The left ear hurts a bit and the gland or vein following down my neck along the jaw line is also sore for about 2 inches. It's left side only. No bumps, bruises, sickness, fever, inflammation. It feels sore to the touch and ear feels like an...

Swollen lymph node [ 8 Answers ]

How do I know I have a swollen lymph node? I have a couple lymph nodes that slightly (very slightly, probably 0.2cm) protrude from my neck, each being no more than 1cm in diameter (1 might 1.5 cm, but no more)? I saw my GP and she said those WERE the lymph nodes and they're supposed to protrude...

View more questions Search