Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolo7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Canon Rebel XTI trouble
    I have the Canon Rebel XTI. It gives me good photos, but has a very annoying problem. When I turn the camera off, the monitor turns on. This happened to me three times now. The camera has been to Canon three times now. They still have it. My photo store owner has seen the same problem, and took pictures of the camera with the tab pushed to off and the monitor on. But Canon cannot duplicate the problem, and basically thinks I'm nuts.

The only way to correct this, is to remove the battery and start over. Not a big deal. But this is too expensive a camera to have to follow this procedure... ever.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    lschoeggl Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Carol -- I'm guessing that by saying monitor you are referring to the LCD screen on the back of the camera. Does it go on and stay on? If it goes on for just a few seconds and then turns off, this could be the sensor cleaning function going into effect. I don't own this camera but I do have several high-end Canons that all have this feature and I believe the XTI does too. When you turn the camera on or off, it will lightly shake the sensor so that dust will fall off it. During this time the LCD screen will display text and an icon indicating that cleaning is in progress (at least that's what happens on my 40D and Mark III). After a few seconds, the process completes and the LCD screen turns off.

Now, that being said if your photo store owner has seen the problem too it probably is more than just this sensor cleaning thing (as he would be familiar with that), but I thought I'd toss it out there since no one had commented for you yet. Good luck!
    carolo7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Hi, Thanks for responding. You are the only one. This problem must be unique. That's what Canon said, too. Canon finally was able to replicate the problem. They replaced something, I have the camera back, and so far so good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon bjc-620 [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: My canon printer recently needed new ink cartridges and after changing them all, it won't print! I turn it on and it beeps and the error light comes on and all the ink lights start flashing. I have tried to clean the ink heads and it won't let me even do that, it still just comes up with...

Canon Rebel XTi [ 6 Answers ]

I'm looking to buy a new camera, and after much searching and reading over reviews I became interested in the Canon Rebel XTi. So far, this is the best package that I've found so far, including lenses & the camera: http://www.century21electronics.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=390936&up=390860 ...

Getting good pictures at sporting events with a canon rebel [ 3 Answers ]

I recently have a Canon Digital Rebel XT. I use a Sigma 28-300 mm lens and a canon speedlite 430ex flash. Is there anyway I can take pictures at a high school football game with lights at night without using a flash from the sidelines? I up for buying a lens if necessary, but I would want that...

MP 600 canon [ 3 Answers ]

I have had a canon MP600 for about 10 months. It is reading an error message telling me I have a paper jam when clearly I don't. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search