Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dagz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Intense probation
    I'm about to receive intense probation for a possession charge. I work a full time job Monday through Friday 7am to 6:30 pm. When would I report to my probation officer?
    dagz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dagz
    I'm about to receive intense probation for a possesion charge. I work a full time job Monday thru Friday 7am to 6:30 pm. When would I report to my probation officer?
    I'm about to receive intense probation for a possession charge. I work a full time job mon. through fri. 7am to 6:30 pm When would I meet with my probation officer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 06:29 PM
    You report when they tell you, if you have to take off work to report, ( and you most likely will) then you do it, So they will give you the days and times to report and that is what you do. You change the rest of your life to fit their requirements.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Just because you are put on probation does not mean that the probation dept is going to have special office hours just for you to come in and report in. If they want you there at say 9AM on Tuesdays and Fridays, you be there at 9AM on Tuesdays and Fridays with bells on. Your job will have to come second. Your entire schedule (and life) will have to revolve around when you are to be in the probation office. You cannot afford to miss even ONE time showing up. There are NO excuses for not showing up. If you have car troubles, call and tell them immediately and then walk to the appointment if necessary or take a taxicab. If your mother is dying in the hospital, you have to go to the probation office and then back to the hospital. A friend of mine had her fiancé in the hospital and she missed one appointment at probation and was violated and her probation revoked entirely for staying with her finacee in the hospital. If YOU are in the hospital and unable to make it in call as soon as you can BEFORE you miss an appointment. Have a nurse call for you and then as soon as you can you call. Probation must be taken very seriously as this is your first chance to stay out of jail and you may not be given another chance if you miss any scheduled times to show up. You cater to them, not them cater to you. You can request that your appointments be the first thing in the morning then at least you would not miss too much work that day. Your job will just have to understand or you'll have to get another job or change your hours accordingly to work around the probation office's appointments.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 5, 2008, 12:11 AM
    I was a PO in MD for 7 years. People on intensive probation reported twice a month and had a home visit once a month, of course that varies from state to state. The office I worked out of was open late for people who work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too intense [ 5 Answers ]

my GF enjoys our sexlife at least that's what she said. She has NEVER had at all and I know that many girls don't, through penetration just stimulation and all that but when I learned about the stimulation factor I tried it. And ever since I'm pretty sure I have been over stimulating her, her...

Intense guilt [ 12 Answers ]

I am a woman in my early 30s. I am in psychotherapy for a variety of issues. Depression was crippling me. I have an issue I am unable to talk to anyone about. I did some very bad things as a minor. I was uncaring, unloving, and cruel. I took out my lack of empathy on innocents. But I made a...

New charge while on Intense Probation [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on 6 months intense probation, and 5 yrs total probation, or facing two 18-36 month sentences back to back. I served 4 months, 21 days in jail and was credited 4 months when I signed my plea bargan... I got stupid and put some items in my purse at Walmart, and was approached after I...

Intense Probation Drug Testing [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently put on 6 months intense probation, after spending 5 months in jail. My crimes are felony identity theft and 2nd degree bulgary. I have to pay back 7k resitition over a 5 yr period. I have been seeing my PO on time every week and have always been home at my designated time...

Intense baby feelings. [ 16 Answers ]

There are some days, like today, where I have an incredible urge to want to have a baby. Some days I have the feeling more than others, but it's an incredibly emotional feeling and everything in my body is telling me to HAVE A BABY today! I even drempt last night that I would have one. I know that...

View more questions Search