Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gmt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Very late period negative pregnancy tests
    [F]It has been 48 days since my last period(28 day cycle). I have taken numerous hpt's and had a blood test done at the hospital Sunday night that came back negative that night as well:( . I have had some nausea with this. I am not stressed out at all. I am 30 years old. How many women out there have gone through this and what was the outcome? I have taken more than one can imagine when it comes to hpt. But I know something is up.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Time to get some tests done, only a doctor can tell you what's happening, we can't diagnose you over the internet. Is it possible you're pregnant, not likely, I'd even be willing to go out on a limb and say no. A negative blood test, 48 days late, something else is going on here.

Good luck.

Jul 3, 2008, 06:07 PM
    I had a blood test done at the ER, results we back in 30 minutes. The ER doctor said that if he was me he'd wait for 4 to 6 missed periods to test again. To me that doesn't seem right. So I have had a test done but there was no concern at the time. I just wanted to know if women have gone through this and what the outcome was for them. Not asking to be diagnosed on here. Sorry for any confusion.
    mels mom Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Jul 3, 2008, 06:36 PM
    If you have a obgyn , I would see them. Have them check for fibroid turmors. They do this with a painless ultrasound test.though usually they cause increased bleeding. On rare occasion they can stop periods too.
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Gmt disagrees: not what was asked from asker
    Please read the rules and regulations. You may only disagree if the information was factually incorrect.

Jul 3, 2008, 07:40 PM
    I am sorry, I am new here and was just looking for insight or something about other women who have gone through this. So when I do go to the hospttal I can give them some idea as to what to check for, because where I live they won't test you to find out what is wrong they will just do a urine test to see if you are pregnant. I know this because I called and asked them already. I had an ultrasound done 4 months ago and showed no cysts or fibroids or any abnormalities. My mother on the otherhand told me tonight she didn't know she was pregnant with me until she was 5 months along with me. That was with negative hpt's and blood tests. So I am thinking I might be going through the same thing as she did.
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 07:48 PM
    No need to apologize. I know it's frustrating when you can't get a definite answer.

I would ask for another ultrasound, if you are pregnant (and I still think it's highly unlikely) then they will definitely be able to see the baby now.

One question, are you underweight? Have you lost allot of weight recently? Losing weight quickly and or being underweight can cause your periods to stop.

There are so many possibilites, I don't want to give you a bunch of guesses. Isn't there a doctor where you are that will run tests and get to the bottom of this, because this isn't normal.

I really hope that it all works out for the best, but I still say get this checked, because you're right, something is going on and you need to find out what it is.

Good luck and keep us posted. :)
    earthladyj Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Jul 3, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmt
    [F]It has been 48 days since my last period(28 day cycle). I have taken numerous hpt's and had a blood test done at the hospital Sunday night that came back negative that night as well:( . I have had some nausea with this. I am not stressed out at all. I am 30 years old. How many women out there have gone through this and what was the outcome? I have taken more than one can imagine when it comes to hpt. But I know something is up.
    You may just be irregular with your periods, or lost too much weight.

Jul 3, 2008, 09:32 PM
    I am normal weight with very regular periods. Doctors here are so hard to get in to see. With no health insurance they suggest to so see others. Only thing left to do is go to the ER and then again they will just do urine pregnancy and send me on my way.

Jul 5, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Went to the ER. Blood test and urine test were redone. The doctor insisted he shouldn't because last week they were negative. So I asked him to find out why I am now 50 days late for my period. So he gave in saying "he can test but thinks I'd save time just going to a referral dr", that he thinks it is early menapause. After waiting for 5 hours for the test results to come back the nurse comes in and says you're tests results are in but you are going to ultrasound. When asked why she said "we need to see what is going on" So off to u/s the tech started and turned the monitor more and more away from me as I tried looking at it, sorry I'd like to see what you are looking at. Well after about 3 minutes of her looking she turned the monitor and said "congratulations you're pregnant". :D :D I told her "cool thanks". Went back to the ER room waiting for the DR to come in and by the time he came in I had already told my husband. Keep in mind this was 2 1/2 hours later, doctor said " we ran tests like you asked because you thought you were pregnant, tests last week showed you not being pregnant tests today show you are 7 1/2 weeks pregnant". Early menapause my you know what. So now we know. But what puzzles me is the negative tests, doc seems to think I just got a batch of bad tests(umm different brands and 2 were hospital urine and hospital blood test), so who knows anyway I guess with negative tests including blood you can be pregnant.
    Pets Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Congrats, this is great news.

Blood test are usually pretty accurate, but you do have to take into consideration human error.

A few years ago my daughter had a fever of 106, she went into feveral convulsion, passed out. We called an ambulance, were rushed to the hospital, tests where done, medicine given, and when her temperature went down we were sent home. The next day we get a call from the hospital asking how she's doing, well, she was doing much better, the fever broke, she was eating, still a bit tired, but otherwise okay. They said that the test results showed that she had a staph infection, very serious, we'd have to bring her back asap. They were shocked that she was better. Well, back to the hospital we went, more blood tests, they came back okay. Their response, someone must have made a mistake. So it happens, we're all just human, and we all make mistakes. I'm glad this one turned out the way you had hoped.

Good luck, keep us posted. :)
    earthladyj Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Jul 6, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Congratulations
    lillyannemarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 09:55 PM
    GMT
    This same thing is happing to me right now. I am now 50 days late. I have been to 2 ERs. Taken so many epts I can't even count and they are all still negative and I have no idea what to do. People are starting to think I'm crazy for still feeling like something is wrong with me they all keep saying. Don't worry it will come don't stress. I am not stressed. I'm worried. I have not changed anything about be and all of a sudden I stop having a period I don't think "nothing" is wrong. Its good hear I'm not the only one. But they did find out you were pregnant right?
    Pets Expert

Oct 22, 2012, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lillyannemarie View Post
    GMT
    this same thing is happing to me right now. i am now 50 days late. i have been to 2 ERs. taken so many epts i can't even count and they are all still neg and i have no idea what to do. people are starting to think im crazy for still feeling like something is wrong with me they all keep saying. dont worry it will come dont stress. i am not stressed. im worried. i have not changed anything about be and all of a sudden i stop having a period i dont think "nothing" is wrong. its good hear im not the only one. but they did find out you were pregnant right?
    I'm sorry, but GMT hasn't been on this site since she posted back in 2008.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18 days late with period.Negative Pregnancy tests! [ 6 Answers ]

I was suppose to start my period on December 16th. I have never had irregular periods or even started late. My cycle is exactly 30 days. I did have unprotected sex several times during the end of November and all throughout December. I haven't had to many common pregnancy symptoms. Although I have...

Period 3 weeks late negative pregnancy tests? [ 3 Answers ]

My last Period started between Jan 31st and Feb 2nd. I've taken 3 hpt and last week I got a Qualitative blood pregnancy test from the dictor which also came back negative. The last test I took was this morning. My period is very regular and this is way late for me. This makes my period about 3...

Period is 8 days late and negative pregnancy home tests [ 1 Answers ]

Okay umm well I'm like 16 turning 17 years old and like, I'm having this problem.. My period was due around the 20-22 of November and it is now the 28th of November and I'm worried because it's late. Recently round 2-3 weeks ago I had sex with my boyfriend but we didn't use any Protection and I'm...

1 week late, 4 negative pregnancy tests? [ 3 Answers ]

My last period was June 20, I did not take my birth control pill during the month of July, because my gynecologist appointment was not until a week after my last period. I should have started last week, around July 19 or 20, but I still haven't started. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests and all...

View more questions Search