Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nk60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2006, 10:44 PM
    XP Home edition on Dell missing dll file
    hi folks I try do repair xp home edition to a dell with the disk that come with and I'm getting a lot of missing dll files. After quite a few tries only the comrepl.dll is missing as the mswrd6.wpc also. I do have the files but where I should copy them? Can someone point where I should copy them? Thanks in advance
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Mar 29, 2006, 05:11 PM
    I think you'll find those files are somewhere on your HDD and the computer is just looking for them in the wrong place. Try putting your HDD in another computer and searching for them or using a program like Norton Ghost to create an image and searching through that for the files. Then when the installer asks for them you can just point it in the right direction.
    nk60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2006, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Tanion
    I think you'll find those files are somewhere on your HDD and the computer is just looking for them in the wrong place. Try putting your HDD in another computer and searching for them or using a program like Norton Ghost to create an image and searching through that for the files. Then when the installer asks for them you can just point it in the right direction.
    Thanks for the reply. I still have a lot of probs with the XP Home edition so I decide to wipe the HD and reinstall from the scratch everything, as well as upgrating to XP Pro Gold. I'll post resolts when I done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing file msstdfmt.dll [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I've downloaded a piece of diagnostic software that will not run because it says that I am missing the file MSSTDFMT.DLL. The Microsoft web site tells me this stands for "Microsoft Standard Data Formating Object". I have located this .DLL at www.dll-files.com and believe it should be...

Missing comm.drv file [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use Windows XP runnng on 1.8GB clock speed. I receive an error message saying: NTVDM KERNEL: Missing 16-bit system module Please re-install the following module to your system32 directory: COMM.DRV I've searched my entire hard disk and sure enough, no such file exists. What should I...

Missing SKU112.CAB file [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Windows Installer keeps popping up and says I am missing this file. I cannot locate the CD for my Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Student & Teacher Edition (good for 3 computers in the home). That means, I cannot replace the missing file. However, I read that the CD doesn't have the...

Windows xp home edition [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I found out you can't install friend's xp! Bought new one and installed. (Installed fresh, not repair). NOW, not all of the time, but about half the time or a little more, it won't load up right and keeps re-starting and then I have to put it in safe mode and restore it to a previous day to...

View more questions Search