Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunterleej Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 04:56 AM
    Updating servers
    We have a windows 2003 standard edition pdc with two terminal servers... Do I update the three of them just like I do a regular desktop? (open explorer/tools/windows update, etc)... Thanks
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Yes, you can. However, there are other additional steps I'd consider prudent before doing so depending on the consequences of your servers being down due to a faulty patch job: patch and application testing on a "don't care" server first, stopping services, and creating a full server backup image for quick roll back to name a few.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two SBS Servers together? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, could anyone clarify this for me: I have two SBS servers to run together on same phsical network. One is NT and the other 2003 std. Will they fall out with each other if the domain names are different, do I need a different subnet for each domain or do they have to be physically separated...

Dedicated servers [ 3 Answers ]

Is taking a dedicated server service with a hosting service provider will make it possible to host multiple web sites with unlimited number of domains?

DHCP servers [ 2 Answers ]

Why do DHCP servers have static IP addresses

Free web servers [ 3 Answers ]

Can I get list of free web servers that supports dhtml, actives x pagers of visual basic ?

View more questions Search