Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Antonij Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 08:40 PM
    Medical Bill
    Hi, I am from Northern California. I got a car accident in February 2005 and was taken by ambulance to the local hospital. I have medical insurance with Kaiser Permanente, which has paid my medical bills from the hospital I was taken into. 3 months later I got calls from a collection agency in connection with unpaid ambulance service. I moved to a different address 2 months after the accident and I never got any bills from the ambulance company. During the collection process, I provided my medical insurance number to the collection agency to bill my medical insurance company because ambulance is covered. Afterwards, I never got any calls from the collection agency until 2 months ago. I was unpleasantly surprised and got very angry that they didn't take care of the claims properly and waited for 3 years to follow up with me again. I called my insurance provider and they said they never got any claims for ambulance, therefore, I asked the collection agency why. Apparently they never billed my medical insurance company for the ambulance. After a few conversations with different people in the collection companies, they took (again) my medical insurance number and billed my medical insurance company, which obviously rejected the claims due to overdue period of claims. I never provided my social security number during the accident, therefore, I suspect they don't have it in their records. I checked my credit records and there is no collections. What should I do? It's obvious that the neglect came from the collection agency not me.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 09:56 PM
    Welcome to AMHD. Do you have a family attorney? Tell the collection agency you have spoken with your personal attorney, and that you have been advised not to pay the debt because you have done all that you could to assist in the payment of the bill, but that the ambulance service failed to follow through with proper billing procedures.
    kateju Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 03:32 PM
    I'm sorry, I have a somewhat similar situaltion - and coincidentally it's with Kaiser as well. Hang in there... an attorney may be where I have to turn in as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical Bill [ 14 Answers ]

I was left with a bill close to $2000 in 2006 from testing done at a hospital that my insurance did not cover. I called the billing dept. and explained all I could pay on both tests (seperate bills) was a total of $50/month. I was out of work for almost 2 years due to health issues, but...

Medical bill [ 4 Answers ]

Hi When a medical provider tells you its OK to send 50.00 dollars a month on a balance that is 500.00 dollars do I need to get this in writing ? 50 a month is just about all I can afford to send The lady in billing set up the payments and I was just wondering should I get this in writing I...

Medical bill [ 13 Answers ]

How do I take care of a medical bill after its been garnished through the courts and do not have the money to pay it

View more questions Search