Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Woodwrightmd Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Will these tires fit my rims?
    I've got 235- 80- R16 tires on my truck right now that are in pretty rough shape. I've been offered a set of used, but in better shape, 225-70-R16 tires. Will these fit until I can spring for some new tires of the correct size? Thanks.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2008, 08:22 PM
    That's a pretty drastic downsize from what you have now both in profile and size. You'll be using up more gas, and spedometer calibration will be off.
    I would keep looking.
    Woodwrightmd Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Ok. I'll pass on these, then. Thanks a bunch!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtd rims [ 2 Answers ]

I hope someone can help me.I have an older model mtd tractor mower.It has 23x9.5x12 tires on it.The rims are held on by a cotter key and a key that locks the rim and axel together.It has no lug nuts.I have a part # 734-1015 but all the pages I visited does not give the size of the rim.What I need...

Rims and Tires - Are they still good after sitting for 3-years [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter totaled her 2001 Tiburon - rolled it... luckily nobody hurt. Anyway, she had real nice Motegi rims and new Potenza tires. They have been sitting in my garage for almost 3-years. Are they still good?? One of the rims had weeds between the tire and rim, and the rim has some...

Auto rims [ 2 Answers ]

My car was stolen and I have it returned now. Tire is missing and the rim is probably damaged. Will I have to get a new rim?

Discontinued,rims [ 2 Answers ]

I,have,had,a,car,wreck,and,one,of,my,rims,I,think,has,been,discontinued.I,was,wondering,if,there,is,a,website,that,offers,discontinued,rims?

New rims, shaking problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 Nissan Sentra GXE and recently purchased a set of 17" chrome wheels for it. Since I got them the steering wheel has been shaking and I've had lots of vibration problems after about 40 mph. The thing that confuses me is that I will make a turn and the vibrations will stop, then I will...

View more questions Search