Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawn411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2006, 08:31 PM
    Help with leaky breasts
    Well my question is, if I am not breastfeeding, is there a way to stop my breasts from leaking? They don't hurt or anything, but they definitely leak a lot. Should they just dry up over non-use? And should I avoid manually pumping them? Thanks for any help! :D
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 04:52 AM
    Don't pump them; that will just prolong the issue. Yes, they will dry up with disuse. Not uncommon at all... in fact, they make little diapers for that, that fit into your bra :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2006, 07:57 AM
    Yes they will stop in time. Have lots o nursing pads handy.

If you do pump to relieve pressure and avoid mastitis it will prolong the process, but even mothers who are nursing but less frequently see a drop in milk production.
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Mar 29, 2006, 12:08 AM
    For me I had to stop pumping and go cold turkey. It sometimes hurts, the breasts might swell but it will go away after a few days. Just keep using soft breast pads, or better yet, use lillypads. They will stop the flow of milk from your nipples and help the process. If your breasts hurt place cold cabbage leaves in your bra. The shape will conform to your breasts and the cold will ease the ache.

Hypatia

Nursed 2 babes 2.5 years

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breasts [ 2 Answers ]

Well I have a 2 year old baby girl and I still have milk in both of my breasts. The milk is thick and smell funny, it that normal? Thank you adriana

Leaky breasts [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: I haven't even gotten a positive test result back and finally my insurance kicked in but I haven't had the chance to make a dr.appt for a blood test yet due to a very hectic work schedule. My question to you ladies is... Has anyone every had their breasts leak during early pregnancy? If...

Leaky breasts [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me.. :( My breast is leak about two and half month.. I don't know what to do,, at first I think it is sign of pregnancy.. my test is negative.. I don't know what that means.. and I have period regularly.. is it harmful or what.. thanks sailo

No Sore Breasts [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone ever been pregnant and didn't have sore or swollen breasts? How soon does this normally happen?

View more questions Search