Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grenz89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Hunter ceiling fan w/ remote that I don't want to use
    Hello: can anyone help?? I have a hunter ceiling fan that was installed with a remote control. My kids broke the remote! I can use the pull string to work the fan but for some reason I can't use it to work the light! Does anyone know why?? & how can I fix it so I just use the pull string to use the light?? Thanks so much:)
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Open the fan at the ceiling, remove the remote receiver, and wire the fan without it.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan Remote control replacement. [ 22 Answers ]

This is driving me nuts. OK I know where the b and w wires go from the fan to the receiver also the " one " that says light out " which is red. What I have left on the receiver is Fan out and Common out. From the fan there is a brown wire by its self and a bundle with red, yel, gray,...

Hunter Ceiling Fan/Light w/remote installation [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I am have a hunter ceiling fan and I am having trouble installing this correctly. From the ceiling of the wall I have 4 wires (Red/ Black/ White/ and bare Copper). From the fan there is are only 3 (Black/ White / Green). Please assist me with installing this fan. I have tripped the...

Hunter ceiling fan remote [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, what's wrong with this thing? My ceiling fan, a Hunter, is not that old. The remote to turn the fan or light on didn't work yesterday... so today, I did the most logical thing and bought new 12V batteries. After installing the new battery, the light did work, but the fan doesn't work still. ...

Wiring a Harbor Breeze Universal Remote to a Hunter Ceiling Fan [ 5 Answers ]

Hunter Ceiling Fan Model #: 21871 Harbor Breeze Universal Remote Model # 43147 The Ceiling Fan has: The black & white wires for the motor, And red, pink, yellow & gray wires The Remote has: The black & white wires for the motor, And ONE blue wire for the lights

Wiring Hunter Ceiling Fan w/ remote in older house [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I just made this whole post and it signed me out so now I'm doing it again. Situation: - older house, garage converted to 2 rooms - don't know what was installed in the ceiling before - wall dimmer switch - 4 sets of wires into ceiling box - hunter fan w/ light and remote control and...

View more questions Search